Blocking TWCWifi hotspot

87GT

I hope someone can help me with this problem. In the past I've used TWC wifi hotspots when I am away from home. In the past it would auto connect if I was in range of one and it was the strongest signal. I disabled this many months ago and also uninstalled their wifi finding app. This week I now see my phone auto connect to the network even after I tell my android to forget the network. How can I blacklist the SSID from auto connecting? I've went into my phone settings and do not have it set to "use open wifi automatically" Whenever I see it is connected to TWC I select forget this network. Even so I can reproduce it always connecting if I am close to one. I don't have any advanced settings for unchecking "auto reconnect to this ssid" on android 6.0.1.

This might not sound like a big deal but it is on my 2nd phone I use that does not have data enabled. I tether from my primary phone but when driving around town the TWCWiFi always connects even if my tether SSID is a stronger signal.

Ideas for a fix on stock android 6.0.1?