Auto Loan Rates

BIGGU

I may have to do this. I'm fine with the 2.99 for 60 we picked up with BoA in February, and it looks like that is BMIs going used car rate too. Sounds like they'd have to beat it by a miniscule amount or owe me $50? Plus another $300 total for switching and the referral? Sounds very enticing. I guess I just wonder any implications with credit scores ect by closing and adding an account. Credit is excellent and want it to stay that way lol

After further research, you can't combine the offers so scratch the referral.

They'd either give you $50 for moving, or $250 if they can't beat your APR or payment.

https://www.bmifcu.org/news/2017-01_dare_to_compare.html

If I remember correctly, you have to create an account with them to even apply for the loan, but you can talk with a loan officer to get an idea of what interest rate you should qualify for before opening an account.

If you plan on applying for a mortgage or other large loan soon it might not be in your best interest to switch now, and it's probably not worth switching if your existing loan has early payoff penalties.

Call and talk to a loan officer for the details if you're interested, I'm no banker but I've been happy with their rates and service, hence the plug.