Coin appraisal?

El Karacho1647545492

About 6 months ago I inherited a number of late 19th/early 20th century coins from my uncle who'd inherited them from his father. I just got around to looking at them, but I don't know where to begin when it comes to finding out of these are worth more than metal value.

Any recommendations? I may not sell any of this stuff, but would like to know what sort of value I'm sitting on so I know if a small safe in the home is sufficient protection and/or if they should be itemized on insurance.

Allen's on rt 3.

There's also a coin and watch store in UA but I can't remember the name.

Arlington Coin & Watch! I had my watches repaired there a couple times years ago and noticed the coins, just completely forgot about it til now. I'll have to check him out again.

2nd for Allen's. My dad is a major coin collector and deals with them a ton. There is also another guy in Northern Ohio he deals with a lot, but I can't remember his name, he deals solely in the more rare items. I used to buy all my currency collection through him 2nd hand through my dad.

2nd for Allen's. My dad is a major coin collector and deals with them a ton. There is also another guy in Northern Ohio he deals with a lot, but I can't remember his name, he deals solely in the more rare items. I used to buy all my currency collection through him 2nd hand through my dad.

Are late 1800s silver dollars considered rare? Obviously there's some collector value, but I imagine it'd have to be uncirculated or something to carry much additional value?

The silver dollars depend on where they were minted. Not really sure why, but some must not have run many. You can find some rough guides online. I have one from 1894 that is worth about $200 supposedly, so probably worth checking it out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk