2018 Buick Regal GS

o0n8

Again, tech doesn't beat looks. I must have had a dozen 200, and it's sister car the sebring convertible, rental cars over the years in various trims, and they were comfy, reliable, quiet, and user friendly. Not once did I ever think to myself "I want to own this", or "wow this interior is great looking", or "you know what, it doesn't look half bad".

There were a couple of times where the build quality made me a little queasy, like when on 3 different cars the right side dash vent fell out after hitting a big bump. The one car that cemented my 200 hate was a red 2014 with 600 miles that rattled like a toolbox falling down stairs. I did have a 2015 200S awd that was probably the best 200 I ever drove, but still, wasn't enough to change my mind. Also, I don't know what it is with dodge's colors lately - they can't seem to get a red or a blue that is mildly pleasing that isn't on a challenger.

I don't know if hating the 200 constitutes Chrysler hate. the 300 is a great looking car, the charger is a great looking car, the challenger, the ram trucks, the durango...all great looking and working vehicles that they sell of ton of. I have seen the new pacifica around and honestly I hate mini-vans and I think it is good looking. but the 200. yawn.

The 2015 200 was completely new and shared nothing with the earlier car, or the convertible for that matter.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Problem 1, Thats a Mazda 6

mazda6-wagon-22-skyactiv-d-review-2016-1.jpg

Close but pretty much all sedans resemble another one. I'd DD the Mazda if they brought the wagon it stateside.

And is it me or is 300hp just, well MEH for what is considered an "uprgade" model?

The more I think about it, the more unimpressed I am with the engine for the GS. 3.6L twin turbo only at 300hp. Acura has 290hp with out the need for a turbo and Infinity has a 3.0 twin turbo at 400hp. Even the 2.3l ecoboost mustang is at 310 hp and 320 tq (350 w/ drag pack)

mazda6-wagon-22-skyactiv-d-review-2016-1.jpg

Close but pretty much all sedans resemble another one. I'd DD the Mazda if they brought the wagon it stateside.

The more I think about it, the more unimpressed I am with the engine for the GS. 3.6L twin turbo only at 300hp. Acura has 290hp with out the need for a turbo and Infinity has a 3.0 twin turbo at 400hp. Even the 2.3l ecoboost mustang is at 310 hp and 320 tq (350 w/ drag pack)

The GS is not a twin turbo 3.6L, it's a NA 3.6L, which is why it's disappointing. In Europe they used to get the single turbo 2.8L V6 with AWD, while we got stuck with the Turbo Ecotec 4 in the US. Had this actually been the 3.6L TT out of the ATS I would be much more excited. As it stands it's completely underwhelming and doesn't stand out from a Camry, like a GS should.

The GS is not a twin turbo 3.6L, it's a NA 3.6L, which is why it's disappointing. In Europe they used to get the single turbo 2.8L V6 with AWD, while we got stuck with the Turbo Ecotec 4 in the US. Had this actually been the 3.6L TT out of the ATS I would be much more excited. As it stands it's completely underwhelming and doesn't stand out from a Camry, like a GS should.

Yep, not sure where I got it was a twin turbo from. Wishful thinking I guess.

Yep, not sure where I got it was a twin turbo from. Wishful thinking I guess.

probably from this:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/08/2018-buick-regal-gs-could-feature-a-twin-turbo-v6/

seems a lot of people want the car to be twin turbo, and there was a lot of speculation that it would be a poor mans ATS-V (although the engine suggested is the XTS-V 410hp variant).

have we gotten to the point where a N/A 300hp 3.6L v-6 isn't kind of impressive? I mean it's still not interesting in the platform because it's pushing close to 4000lbs of car but still, 10 years ago if you got 250hp out of a v-6 it was pretty amazing, no stock carb'ed chevy 283/327/350 ever really made that, even in the 60's (thanks gross vs net hp rating system). progress is pretty great.

have we gotten to the point where a N/A 300hp 3.6L v-6 isn't kind of impressive? I mean it's still not interesting in the platform because it's pushing close to 4000lbs of car but still, 10 years ago if you got 250hp out of a v-6 it was pretty amazing, no stock carb'ed chevy 283/327/350 ever really made that, even in the 60's (thanks gross vs net hp rating system). progress is pretty great.

Impressive yes, for the car no. The tech advancement achieved with turbos is even more impressive to me.