Model 3 is arriving

STEVE-O

It does seem that - aside from battery capacity degradation over time - a used Model S makes all the sense in the world. Aside from interior/body damage, you need to worry about brakes, tires, and suspension...and largely that's it.

Can't wait to see the aftermarket "hot rod" battery packs or provide with an improved solution...with solid hardware, there's no reason why a Model S cannot go 500k miles easier than an internal-combustion automobile.

People report clearing 100k service without needing a pad replacement , 60k plus with only 1mm-2 wear on pads so to me not even worth worrying there.

Tires #1

Washer fluid probably be #2 :lolguy:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a global figure, for reference this is just under the sales figures for the Toyota Camry (660,868 units in 2016, the 10th highest selling vehicle in the world), which would be impressive for the Model 3, if it can actually convert all reservations to sales. But they won't, which is a good thing because they don't have the capacity to fulfill all those orders. That should help keep demand high (if successful) and prices up though.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

My question is, when everyone starts charging their car everyday, can the grid handle the added useage. AEP already encourages everyone to use LED light bulbs by offering discounts on bulbs at Costco and Other retailers. Hope is when we need a new roof in 15 years, Elon's solar roof shingles will be an affordable and legitimate competitive replacement.

My question is, when everyone starts charging their car everyday, can the grid handle the added useage. AEP already encourages everyone to use LED light bulbs by offering discounts on bulbs at Costco and Other retailers. Hope is when we need a new roof in 15 years, Elon's solar roof shingles will be an affordable and legitimate competitive replacement.

Elon is all about sustainability. First create the electric car, and create a system to charge your electric car. Then advance that system to run your entire home. His belief is that you ultimately will be off the grid, and selling your electricity back to the power companies. Power companies in turn will become distributors of power, not manufactures of power.