Anyone have a 3D printer?

vonrottes

what does the stand really gain you? Just make it look more like the standard echo?

Supposed to make it sound better. The speaker in the echo dot isn't very good. The cone inside the stand is supposed to help. I'll be honest, I haven't tried it side by side yet. A buddy has a DJI Mavic drone and he broke the gimble plate on it. I printed another one for him last night. He was all geeked out about it since it was going to cost him a small fortune to buy a whole new gimble assembly he said. Cost me a few cents in PLA and took a whole 15 minutes to print (probably less actually).

• 4 weeks later...
what does the stand really gain you? Just make it look more like the standard echo?

We had some time in class last week and we experimented with the Dot outside the stand and inside. I was listening from roughly 40 feet away in a somewhat quiet classroom/computer lab. Without the stand I could barely hear the music at full volume. With the stand I could hear the music clearly. The Dot was on top of my mini tower PC on my desk in the front of the room.

sounds like I might go ahead and print off a stand to see if it makes a difference on the echo that doesn't have a speaker connected to it.

The stand is more of a wave guide. I'm not going to pretend to understand the acoustics of it, but my understanding is the actual Echo has the wave guide incorporated into it. All I know is the Dot sounded noticeably better with the stand.