Who in Columbus can cut a modern Ford key?

williaty

I want to duplicate the key for the used 2014 Transit Connect I just bought. I have 2 keys that came with it, so I can use the car itself plus those two keys to get the new key programmed into the computer. All I need is someone to cut the key, but after an hour of calling around, I'm striking out.

My current keys look like this:

http://www.michaelhyde.com/assets/images/525981-web.jpg

And the pattern is cut into the face of it like this:

http://www.eurocarkeyshop.com/image/cache/catalog/Ford/Deursloten/FRD404/frd404-ford-complete-leftdoor-barrel-lock-set-with-1-key-hu101-for-ford-focus-1374-600x451-w-25-middle.jpg

The part numbers for the blank are:

Old Ilco Number HU101T17

New Ilco Number H94-PT

JMA TP33FO-24.P

Original 164-R8062

Strattec 5915237

Does anyone know a place that can cut these keys for less than the $100+ the dealer wants?

Give ricart a call? If not probably high tech

I will never do one cent of business with the criminals at Ricart.

What is "High Tech"? Googling it doesn't help because it's such a generic phrase.

Thanks

It takes a $9000 machine to cut those, the dealer may be your only option, also, unless the vehicle has the PCM programmed to allow additional keys to be programmed via the end user, it will require a dealer trip, or to someone with an IDS.

The car's computer can be programmed to accept new keys without a trip to the dealer since I have two authorized keys to show it first. I just need someone to physically cut the key.

The car's computer can be programmed to accept new keys without a trip to the dealer since I have two authorized keys to show it first. I just need someone to physically cut the key.

The transit’s are a whole different animal than any other Ford product when it comes to programming, I have made a few programming changes on them. Any 17’ and up Ford is full of changes, the majority with the key programming and PATS, dealers complained the locksmiths and others had the same capability as them, so Ford removed that capability.

You have 2 choices with the key, order from the dealer pre cut, and you’ll need proof the vehicle is yours, or find someone to cut it with a new laser cutter, at this time, due to cost, that may only be a dealer capability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while street racing