Architect/Drawing Recommendations

Zx2guy19

I am about to start a fairly intense rehab/flip project in Old Town East, and for the first time on any one of my projects, I'd like to hire an architect or someone who can make recommendations on the best utilization of the space. I don't really need blueprints, just someone who can use measurements to make recommendations.

Anyone hired this kind of work out before?

I used to do all those houses for Childrens Hospital downtown. Go in, measure. Complete redesign based on what was there ect..

I don't do that anymore since I do new homes now, but the firm I was at might still do similar work. Keiser Design Group over in Gahanna.

Another guy who I used to do these jobs with went out on his own (and may still do them for Childrens). Scott Baker at SBA Studios.

If you don't want blueprints its pointless. Are your subs just going to pull permits?

From my experience there is only so many ways to lay these things out depending on how many bedroom you want ect. Only when you convert those old duplexes to 4000sf single family do you really get into tons of design options.

Edited by iwashmycar

Thanks man. It could also be used to pull permits, as the 3rd floor attic is more than suitable for a living space, but isn't currently permitted as such and would add a ton of value. I guess that's kind of where I want someone to say like "hey, you have 450 square feet up here, why don't you do X and X". Would that be more of an interior designer?

Any chance you want some side work? :)