Dell R320 1U Rackmount Server $170 - Pics added!

unfunnyryan

Was originally going to use this as dedicated storage controller but my life will be easier if I combine on one machine and virtualize.

$170 CR Price

Dell R320

1x 350w 80+ platinum power supply

1x E5-2430 2.2ghz six core (supports e5-24xx v2 cpus up to a 10 core)

12gb (6x2gb) DDR3 ECC memory (may be able to get you some 4gb sticks if interested)

3x 3.5" dell drive trays and 1 drive blank

1x 500gb dell branded HDD (came with server, its used but I never used it myself)

Has an idrac (no sd card) and a PERC H310 raid controller.

qy0tr03l.jpgnnuQBRPl.jpg

Aj8biiUl.jpgOjmvIyFl.jpg

Edited by unfunnyryan

Max cpu? Shipping? Srs interested.

I have a box I can ship it in, or I can meet halfway (i have no idea what halfway is)

Top CPU you could get in this thing is a E5-2470v2, which is a 10c/20t 2.4ghz/3.2ghz turbo. Those are pricey though, as any top end stuff is for any generation (pulls a premium to keep the servers in production longer) the stuff just a tier down is way cheaper.

I believe any e5-24xx v1 or v2 should work in it.

PS: you'll be getting ram today :p

If you're interested I have thurs/fri/sat off.

If the ram arrived, I may not know for a bit. I’m in the middle of moving so weekends are out for me. I may take a look after the dust settles more but the house we got ended up needing more than anticipated. Fucking home inspector was apparently useless.

• 2 weeks later...
How do the two compare?

2x cpu = 2x the fun. Also 2x mem capacity, 2x psu, 2x the sexy.

The HP is nicer all over, but cost reflects that. I don't have any drive trays for it though. $8-12 a piece online. It's sitting at work right now. I might grab it tomorrow and do a updated listing for the dell and a new one on CL for the HP.

Still for sale?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes and no... I'm using it temporarily in place of this piece of shit lenovo/ibm until I get a replacement HBA card in. If I find the time to fuck with it and get the lenovo running without the HBA I'll let you know but otherwise it'll be 3-4 days. The H310 on this thing is my savior.

Thanks, keep me posted. I'll let you know if I'm still interested when it's available. I'm on the hunt for a pfsense box so im shopping around.

Bit overkill for that dont you think? I'd run a little atom powered supermicro machine, but if you're not paying the electric ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bit overkill for that dont you think? I'd run a little atom powered supermicro machine, but if you're not paying the electric ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yup, overkill for sure. The little pfsense boxes that have dual NICs are like 250-300 and I can't seem to find a cheaper more decent deal on a mini pc that I can throw an extra NIC card into. Just looking for something that is AES-NI compatible.