Kodi/Exodus Problems

Sully

Those of you running Kodi/Exodus on the Amazon stick, have you noticed several of the network menus not loading? I'm trying to remember the menu choices off the top of my head, but you go into TV Shows, then choose Networks, and when you select any of the networks, the screen just flashes the loading circle for a quick second and that's it. I recently updated Kodi to the latest version, but this problem started a month after doing that, so I don't think it's related. Right now we have to search for everything and typing the name out with the remote sucks big fat floppy donkey dick. Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

I use Mobdro on the firestick. It works good but if you watch a super popular channel like Discovery or something it tends to crap out after a few minutes and start lagging bad. Basically stopped using it. I have Kodi but from when I did use it it took FOREVER to load anything.

Download Terrarium. That's what I switched to from Kodi/Exodus. Haven't had an issue watching a movie or tv show.

Haven't heard of this one. I'll have to see if I have enough space on my firestick to add this one without deleting kodi.

Yes, I have noticed it. Weird part is I then go into search and it finds the show I want on that network.

I run the newest kodi version on my phone. I have tried it on wifi and my mobile phone plan, same results.

<edit>Also I heard Exodus has lost developer support. Try covenant it seems to be the replacement.</edit>

A buddy of mine got me a "modded" firestick with kodi and exodus and all that. The thing is the most laggy unreliable POS that I've ever used in my life. Sometimes I'll find what I want to watch after like 20 minutes but usually it's a waste of time. I don't even try to use it anymore because I fucking hate it so much. If all firesticks are this shitty I have no idea why they are so popular

A buddy of mine got me a "modded" firestick with kodi and exodus and all that. The thing is the most laggy unreliable POS that I've ever used in my life. Sometimes I'll find what I want to watch after like 20 minutes but usually it's a waste of time. I don't even try to use it anymore because I fucking hate it so much. If all firesticks are this shitty I have no idea why they are so popular

Mine works great. I don't use Kodi anymore though. You've gotta constantly adjust though. Every 6 months or so you have to switch to the next best program because the old ones get figured out and start fucking up

Mine works great. I don't use Kodi anymore though. You've gotta constantly adjust though. Every 6 months or so you have to switch to the next best program because the old ones get figured out and start fucking up

Holy shit man, thanks a ton for suggesting Terrarium, it works pretty well! I was ready to throw this fire stick in the trash because of Kodi, I just assumed every other similar kind of app would be shit too. I'm amazed at how quick/smooth/reliable this interface is compared to Kodi

Holy shit man, thanks a ton for suggesting Terrarium, it works pretty well! I was ready to throw this fire stick in the trash because of Kodi, I just assumed every other similar kind of app would be shit too. I'm amazed at how quick/smooth/reliable this interface is compared to Kodi

:thumbup:

I loaded Terrarium. For me, the playback was worse than Kodi. Browsing the interface was extremely slow.

What player are you guys using with Terrarium?

Are you using a VPN?

I loaded Terrarium. For me, the playback was worse than Kodi. Browsing the interface was extremely slow.

What player are you guys using with Terrarium?

Are you using a VPN?

That's weird. Kodi never worked right for me. Extremely laggy/glitchy and the links were very unreliable. A search usually took several minutes.

Terrarium with the recommended codecs, and MX player. Flawless so far. No VPN

That's weird. Kodi never worked right for me. Extremely laggy/glitchy and the links were very unreliable. A search usually took several minutes.

Terrarium with the recommended codecs, and MX player. Flawless so far. No VPN

I am using the mx player and no vpn as well. I didn't load any codecs though. It seemed to me with this latest version of the MX player, I shouldn't have to. I'll give it a whirl though to see if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have found that with Terrarium, if I choose any of the higher quality streams, it's basically unplayable; it buffers way too much. I scroll down to something that 720p or lower and it works ok. It might buffer a time or two, but I hit pause, wait a minute and it'll keep playing.

I think maybe this weekend I'm going to try loading VLC and set Terrarium to use VLC and see if that makes any difference.

If that doesn't help, I'm contemplating doing a factory reset on the Amazon stick and starting over from scratch. I'm actually wondering if it is something with the stick because even on the Amazon home page, it's super slow scrolling down from section to section.