Recommendations for a Home Inspector?

Doc1647545523

I'm looking for a home inspector who would be very thorough and who is familiar with old (1871) homes. The inspection is going to likely be a long one and involve turning utilities back on, mold and mildew inspection, as well as the routine things.

Prior recommendations I saw in old threads included Patch Home Inspection, Jerry Linkhorn, and Jim Troth. Any others? Any advice for me to help me get the best inspection?

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Right now it's looking as though I won't need an inspection, as the seller and I seem pretty far apart.

Grant: There are plenty of homes for sale that meet your requirements. The sticking point for me has been something that already has a large car storage building or at least has land where one can be built.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Right now it's looking as though I won't need an inspection, as the seller and I seem pretty far apart.

Grant: There are plenty of homes for sale that meet your requirements. The sticking point for me has been something that already has a large car storage building or at least has land where one can be built.

Thats an issue I've run into. I'm (ideally) looking for a Victorian with at least a 2 car detached garage. Most are beyond repair or have been recently restored, neither are something I'm interested in.

James Jones... the only person I’d trust. Best in the area.

James is a personal friend and a top notch guy. He's ASHI Certified, which means he actually took a supervised exam rather than a DIY-at-home exam which is required for the other cert that most people get. IIRC he said he's one of 17 in the state to pass this exam.

As with the couple people in this thread, anyone who's used him once can't conceive of using someone else.

He took 7 Hours to inspect my home and found some nutty gritty stuff that I doubt another person would have found. I’d not use another inspector ever in the future. Such a smart dude.

James is a personal friend and a top notch guy. He's ASHI Certified, which means he actually took a supervised exam rather than a DIY-at-home exam which is required for the other cert that most people get. IIRC he said he's one of 17 in the state to pass this exam.

As with the couple people in this thread, anyone who's used him once can't conceive of using someone else.