Age of Empires

Zx2guy19

I played the HD remake on Steam for a little while. It was fun and enjoyable. In the RTS world I was always more of a C&C fan. RA2 and YR were my shit back in middle school. I even knew a few kids who played and we did a LAN party once or twice with some 4 player action. Most of the time we would do a truce for 30 minutes before opening the flood gates. So much fun :)

I don't think I will play the new Definitive Edition because WoW and PUBG are taking up most of my life at the moment. I might swing in to check it out at some point. Have fun playing my dude!

Edited by ShowHBK
I cant fucking spell

If you liked age of empires did you ever play statecraft, Warcraft or total war?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Never played any of the others...I'm not much a gamer, but I used to play AoE after school (I played Runescape for a bit too when I was like 12/13). It is a great time killer, but I've never played online or anything (I didn't even know you could).

Total Annihilation

Wasn't that the cheat code for a nuke? Sounds familiar haha!

I played the HD remake on Steam for a little while. It was fun and enjoyable. In the RTS world I was always more of a C&C fan. RA2 and YR were my shit back in middle school. I even knew a few kids who played and we did a LAN party once or twice with some 4 player action. Most of the time we would do a truce for 30 minutes before opening the flood gates. So much fun :)

I don't think I will play the new Definitive Edition because WoW and PUBG are taking up most of my life at the moment. I might swing in to check it out at some point. Have fun playing my dude!

I've never been on Steam in my life...I was just thinking about getting this new AoE because for $20, it's a fun time killer that gets me away from Xbox for a bit (but again, I'm not a big gamer so I only play like 1 hour a week). Thanks man!

I've never been on Steam in my life...I was just thinking about getting this new AoE because for $20, it's a fun time killer that gets me away from Xbox for a bit (but again, I'm not a big gamer so I only play like 1 hour a week). Thanks man!

That's cool man, AoE is one of those golden classics. Great game with plenty of fun to be had. You will not be disappointed. :)

Played all of these games to death, and still enjoy them. Unfortunately the Strategy category of games is basically dead these days. There hasn't been a truly good one come out in YEARS.

It IS fun loading up a game that part of the loading video is a Pentium 4 with Hyper Threading splash :) I STILL have and play Empire Earth 2 as a LAN game every couple weeks with a friend of mine, they sure don't make 'em like they used to!

I haven't played an RTS in years. I suppose I probably predate a lot of people in this thread. I started with DuneII and played through multiple times using all three factions, warcraft 1 and 2, Command & conquer, Red Alert, Dark Reign, Dungeon Keeper, Caesar 3, Starcraft, Crusader, ...

I was so amazed at the gameplay in comparison to Civilization (which I played far too much of as well). I remember the original Age of Empires, but it wasn't the most memorable of the RTS games I played.

I'm in the same boat with you Rick, and Dune 2 was a GREAT one! Pardon me while I summon some Freman on your ass ... Surprise! :)

Turned based games never got into my blood like RTS did, largely because for me the appeal of these games was the multiplayer aspect. Is it a sign of the times that people can't handle anything in this genre anymore? Or if they do it's just a reskinned version of something we played in the late 90s early 2000s? Seems like most everything these days is button mashing, auto saving, or story games.

The total War franchise is about the only legit RTS games out there with any life in them it seems. Very interested in the upcoming "Three Kingdom's" title they have. if anyone knows History and the Total war franchise you'll probably excited too.

If you haven't played a total war game you can pretty much play any of them. They are all still playable by today's standards. I mean if you get stuck on the graphics Shogan (the original is pretty bad). But anything in the last 10 years looks pretty good even today for sure.

If anyone watched the "Decisive Battles" back in the day on History channel they used one of the Total War engines to produce the battle sequences. Pretty cool...

The total War franchise is about the only legit RTS games out there with any life in them it seems. Very interested in the upcoming "Three Kingdom's" title they have. if anyone knows History and the Total war franchise you'll probably excited too.

If you haven't played a total war game you can pretty much play any of them. They are all still playable by today's standards. I mean if you get stuck on the graphics Shogan (the original is pretty bad). But anything in the last 10 years looks pretty good even today for sure.

If anyone watched the "Decisive Battles" back in the day on History channel they used one of the Total War engines to produce the battle sequences. Pretty cool...

Have played them all since the beginning, they were a ground breaking franchise when first come out however there hasn't really been much in the way of development aside from reskinning and some basic optimization as they have aged. Still fun, but more of a single player thing for me.

Only thing I currently have installed from the "Good ole Days" is Empire Earth II which I play pretty damn often. Otherwise I have a done of the old stuff on ISO images so I can load up the Daemon tools and go!

Yep. It's been a long time but C and C was definately the go to games back in the day for me....Think I played just about every variation of them that there was. Pulled many a all nighter destroying things to realize it was now 4 am and I had to be at work in three hours....eh so that means time for a couple more skirmishes / battles and just stay up ALL night. lol