Cooper Stadium

buelliganx1

Its not a very long shut down at all. 1/8 mile race surface and a 1/8 mile shut down. the entire idea was to have a spot where the faster guys could race. 90% of the spots in town have become super hot because the kids literally race them every night of the week then get mad when we have told them they are going to ruin all the said spots. Im not sure if i will run there just for the fact that i don't think i could get stopped on a spray pass without cooking my brakes.

Its not a very long shut down at all. 1/8 mile race surface and a 1/8 mile shut down. the entire idea was to have a spot where the faster guys could race. 90% of the spots in town have become super hot because the kids literally race them every night of the week then get mad when we have told them they are going to ruin all the said spots. Im not sure if i will run there just for the fact that i don't think i could get stopped on a spray pass without cooking my brakes.

Right. The "shut down" area was a weed covered broken up asphalt that we weren't racing on 10+ years ago.

Nothing like hyping something that wasn't locked in to begin with I guess.

It was locked in. From what i understand, the guys organizing this had a 3 year agreement with the owner to hold organized events there. The promo video they made, was taken a day before the agreement began. The owner found out about this and was pissed and told them to fuck off because they started before the agreement began.

It was locked in. From what i understand, the guys organizing this had a 3 year agreement with the owner to hold organized events there. The promo video they made, was taken a day before the agreement began. The owner found out about this and was pissed and told them to fuck off because they started before the agreement began.

:dumb:

That means it was not locked in....

I saw that in the video explanation too. That seems a little too simple to me. I'll bet there is more to the story than is being told. The place has been sitting empty for years. If they really locked in a multi year deal I can't see anyone shit canning it over 1 day. I call bullshit on that being the real reason.

I saw that in the video explanation too. That seems a little too simple to me. I'll bet there is more to the story than is being told. The place has been sitting empty for years. If they really locked in a multi year deal I can't see anyone shit canning it over 1 day. I call bullshit on that being the real reason.

I agree, that is the "story" they are feeding everyone to keep it quiet but why would the land lord really care about 1 day of testing for a video. It wasn't like they had a full race day a day early.

I agree, that is the "story" they are feeding everyone to keep it quiet but why would the land lord really care about 1 day of testing for a video. It wasn't like they had a full race day a day early.

insurance.

If you are a renter, do you really want your future tenant in there hanging pictures before the lease agreement goes into effect? If he bursts a pipe or trips and breaks a leg its on you as the landlord, after the agreement, the tenant assumes some of the liability (but not all).

This is just speculation but, think about it like this: potential tenant does this event before they take possession through the lease. The end result is a bunch of fines or penalties against the landlord so he is now in a position to either say "I authorized this activity" or "they were acting outside my permission". And in order to distance himself from them and others who may trespass to do the same thing, he has to cancel the lease. Add in potential pressure from the city due to noise complaints and you end up kind of where we are.

Again this is just me spitballing, I have no actual knowledge, it could be something completely different.

I can understand that to a point Kerry but that would usually just result in a 'don't do that again' situation. The owner completely backed out of the lease. From a business standpoint, without any fines, or damage, why would they cut it loose the day before it began. The situation just seems really shady. Almost like they didn't tell the owner what their true intentions were. Or maybe it is a pride thing, either way it definitely puzzles the mind a bit as to what info is not being given as to what truly happened.

But, they are still planning on having the no prep, grudge match. They have relocated it to La Rue on 3/31. I am curious if it will still be 1/8 mile or a proper 1/4 mile race given the track is 1/4 mile.

I find it really hard to believe that they would give this group the nod to race there after the SCCA had so much invested in helping them get the zoning and permits to even begin to be able to build SPARC/the race facility.

I feel like it was never disclosed that the parking lot would be a drag race... I mean who in their right mind would lease to someone who will have cars drag racing at 100+ mph in a parking lot.

Also, this.........you are telling me that after barely getting through the city to build a proper race facility that they were going to be able to allow a group to drag race there without barriers or anything and potentially jeopardize an already fragile situation? Come on guys, think about this.......things just aren't quite making sense.......

Looks like there's an Ooopsies we fucked up video on Facebook now?

Yes there is. Not really worth the watch, your comment pretty much sums it up. There was also a post about taking the blame in full, and that they would not be discouraged to keep looking for a venue in the Columbus area to facilitate such an event. Then it goes on to mention that MCIR bailed them out so they could still race on the 31st as a no prep.