Genesis G70

RC K9

Both. I've heard two explanations. 1. That the blocks weren't properly cleaned of manufacturing debris before assembly, or 2. The coatings on the bearings were done improperly.

There's a campaign out for the 11-14 Sonata and 13-14 Santa Fe Sport. I wouldn't be surprised if a block of Elantras around the same production period are next.

Depending on the damage, I would think those issues could be taken care of with the aftermarket. Proper cleaning and new bearings, etc.

I am more curious as to the overall design and it's abilities to make and maintain power.

Thoughts on that?

Depending on the damage, I would think those issues could be taken care of with the aftermarket. Proper cleaning and new bearings, etc.

I am more curious as to the overall design and it's abilities to make and maintain power.

Thoughts on that?

I don't see much in the way of aftermarket modifications at work. But then, most people who try to make power with an engine stay far away from dealerships.

I don't see much in the way of aftermarket modifications at work. But then, most people who try to make power with an engine stay far away from dealerships.

Right, I was just pointing out that the potential issues you cited I think could be easily solved. I.E. a 6 bolt 4g63 from the factory that was dirty or had a bad batch of bearings would quickly fail. But that same 4g that was properly cleaned and had good bearing can easily hold double it's factory power output because of it's actual design.

Now if the fundamental design of whatever 4cyl used in the Stinger/G70 sucks, then yeah, it would be pointless to ever try to make more power with it.

Right, I was just pointing out that the potential issues you cited I think could be easily solved. I.E. a 6 bolt 4g63 from the factory that was dirty or had a bad batch of bearings would quickly fail. But that same 4g that was properly cleaned and had good bearing can easily hold double it's factory power output because of it's actual design.

Now if the fundamental design of whatever 4cyl used in the Stinger/G70 sucks, then yeah, it would be pointless to ever try to make more power with it.

True. But I wouldn't know how to properly judge that. And there's no indication of whether the G70's 2.0T will be the same as the one currently shipping in the SF Sport, or if it will be a new design. Maybe someone will be as curious as you and take one apart once they hit the streets.