Anyone else have a huge increase in electric bill

Just2EZ05

I haven't had my heat or air on in over a month and my bill was over $90. I thought that was pretty darn high for the amount of electricity I feel we have been using.

Weird, usually my bill is around $100 per month, got mine today and it was $15. WTF?

I think they screwed up somewhere, but I'm not complaining.

You prolly over paid over the months and they are giving you the credit

They estimate the bills. That way someone doesn't have to come out to your house every month to look at your meter. So you might get a large bill one month, and a very small bill the next. I think they come out every three months.

probably the 15 electric ovens you got off craigslist for $10 each in your garage for powdercoating :D

But seriously... someone on here works for AEP. maybe cbrjess? they might be able to help

No, it's me. The rate increase is 15% over 3 years, so you shouldn't be seeing that much of an increase.... Also, the regulatory filing allowed for AEP to make the increase retro-active to Jan 09, so you may see slightly larger increase at first, while they collect for the first few months.

It still seems like there is something else going on with your bill. Maybe truing up estimated data, like Cdub said, or maybe soemthing else. I would call if I were you

From Columbus Dispatch - April 13th:

American Electric Power bills that reflect a recently approved rate increase began arriving in customers' mailboxes this week.

A typical central Ohio customer will pay an extra $13.02, the company said. That includes a 7 percent rate increase starting this month plus an extra charge of about $3 to $4 to make the rate retroactive to Jan. 1.

Weird, usually my bill is around $100 per month, got mine today and it was $15. WTF?

I think they screwed up somewhere, but I'm not complaining.

I would call about that too, because when they find the screw up they'll fix it and you won't like it

On the other hand, gas prices are down so those of you with a gas bill at your house should be seeing a decrease there.....

yeah for the white man!!! Screwin us on one side while making us feel good on the other!! :D it's all games mang!!! Keep us confused and we won't rise up! :p

Do you have the "howard stern sybian" replica model in your house?

? Is that a clandestine way of telling some one to "sit on it" ? :lol:

We need a new smilie for that...

I about SHIT myself today when I opened my electric bill! 3 times higher than normal! anyone else notice this? WTF is causing this?

Whatever you do, don't look for a random extension cord going from your house to mine...:dj:

Around here gas went from $1.96 to $2.26 OVERNIGHT! It's messed up how they can do that because summer is around the bend. :mad:

as much as i don't like the high gas prices, when it was like $4 a gallon, people started to be environmentally friendly with their transportation... started riding bikes and taking public transit... i kinda liked it.