WiFi cameras

nurkvinny

I'm looking to replace 10+ year old wireless security cameras. They're not WiFi, they're just wireless cams to a receiver that plugs into a tv. I'd like at least 2 cams that I can move around the house and view via cell, tablet, etc. Are the $50 sets on Amazon any good? Recording is a plus, but I'm not paying a monthly fee. Suggestions? Thanks.

We have 720p Zmodo EZ cams, $99.99 for 4 on Amazon, easy setup, no monthly fee, great app in iPhone, you can hear and speak through the app. Saves motion for 36hrs with no fee. If you set your app to away, it will alert you to motion.

a2e57440d473dccf8a07b209d6f4af14.jpg

c387e7b29c382a3261c2633d1dc470f9.jpg

The only problem you will have is "storage space". When you move to internet based or IP based cameras you need to think about "where" your footage is being stored. Nest cameras will charge you an arm and a leg for cloud based storage and a YouTube channel that I subscribe to did the math and you have to pay $5-$30 per camera, per month on each of them to store your footage in the cloud...WTF!

I often find it necessary to have a repository setup somewhere in your house to store the footage for later viewing if needed. If you are about that sort of thing, then take into consideration where you are going to store the footage and how you will do that in the long run.

if.... you... don't give a shit about saving the footage or storing the recordings in real time... please disregard the opening bit.

Check out Woot for some good deals. They always have surveillance cameras on their site. Woot is part of Amazon, so it's just shit they have laying around that they don't want. https://www.woot.com/category/electronics/security-surveillance?ref=w_cnt_cdet_elec_3

I've got an Amcrest setup that I've been growing. Can be a bit involved to setup and get used to the interface, but provides plenty of customization for a consumer system.

I can combine PoE and wifi cameras, and record to a local NVR with a 6tb drive (even from my wifi cams).

Price is a bit higher, but you can always start with a camera or two and add-on later.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I use Blink cameras. Completely wireless, expandable, indoor and outdoor units, free/no monthly fee, view anywhere with alerts to your devices on motion.

https://blinkforhome.com/?utm_medium=bingads&utm_source=bing&utm_campaign=cpc&gclid=CPnnh8eku9sCFZiOxQId6ScMSg&gclsrc=ds

Bought mine on Amazon. Not the cheapest things out there, but not the most expensive either. I've been VERY happy with my setup.

We have 720p Zmodo EZ cams, $99.99 for 4 on Amazon, easy setup, no monthly fee, great app in iPhone, you can hear and speak through the app. Saves motion for 36hrs with no fee. If you set your app to away, it will alert you to motion.

a2e57440d473dccf8a07b209d6f4af14.jpg

c387e7b29c382a3261c2633d1dc470f9.jpg

These are what we use