Traveling to LA

verse

So I'm going out to LA for the Japanese Classic Car Show and for a couple days at Disneyland in September. It'll be my first time in Cali. We'll be staying at an AirBNB near Knotts Berry Farm. I was also invited to the Hoonigan garage and to tour Jay Leno's garage b/c we work with these companies.

What other kind of cool things can we get into? I was thinking about the Griffith Observatory would be cool to check out.

Already must dos-

Peterson Museum

Little Toyko

Hollywood sign pictures

In and Out Burger (this is what my son is most excited about)

Are the studio tours really worth it? Anyone been on the Warner Bros/Paramount/Sony studios tour?

Griffith Observatory is not far from the Hollywood sign, Santa Monica beach is pretty great.

Be prepared for the shit traffic. Don't get frustrated, just be prepared. It is going to SUCK. I've driven LA, DC, NYC, Boston, Chicago, and Lisbon traffic. LA is my least favorite. Just have something to do in the car like a podcast or satellite radio.

Costa Mesa kinda sucks but we found a couple really good sushi places there, I think one of them was called Shunka.

Get up into the hills for some driving if you can.

The Tar pits were pretty cool when the wife and I went back in 2010. Saw the Hollywood sign, Walk of Fame, Chinese Theater. That was about it when we were there. Could only cram so much in one day there as we drove home the next day.

And yes, the traffic does suck.

I was just there a couple weeks ago.

- Griffith Observatory / Hollywood sign.

- Hollywood Walk of Fame

- Santa Monica pier

- Venice Beach

- Just taking a drive on the PCH up to Malibu is pretty cool too. You can stop at different beaches/whatever looks cool along the way.

You can try to get tickets to Conan or Jimmy Kimmel, it's free. We went to a taping of Jimmy Kimmel (Conan was off that week), it's located right on the Hollywood Blvd (across from the Chinese theatre) so you can take out a few birds with one stone. https://1iota.com/

In-and-out burger is good, hit that up but try to hit up a Shake Shack, I think it's much better. Shake Shack will be at Easton next year, so don't be too upset if you don't.

Personally, for the price, we skipped the studio tours...just doesn't sound like it's worth it. Plenty of other things to do.

Traffic...yeah it's bad, but I feel like it gets blown out of proportion. I feel like my daily rush hour commute on 270 is almost as bad...maybe that's just me. Just set Google Maps and it'll get your around.