Shout out for STEVE-O at Ricart

hpfiend

Hey all-

Maybe I am late to the party but I wanted to give a big recommendation to Steve-O on here. He recently helped my mother and I value my late fathers car over PM from the second I posted it on here and other places. After several helpful messages he mentioned casually that If i wanted to avoid the joy ride train and hassle, perhaps I should bring it to Ricart for pricing without even mentioning that he works there. I was not aware that Ricart buys cars without selling yours like CarMax. We tried a little longer at private party sale and then drove it down there and had him check it out. While we we had an unexpected issue with the Title, Steve was very helpful working through it and we ultimately ended up selling it to him. He was very courteous and professional without typical pressure tactics or deception through the entire process.

Thanks man!

Just curious-is pricing kbb trade-in value range?

I think it depends on the car and how saturated the market is of that car.

I got a little over KBB on my truck from Steve, but it was a highly sought after truck and he was competing with carnax (he won).

Most car dealerships buy used cars outright. My place of work buys cars too and they have bought my '16 GMC Sierra for more than CarMax offered. The idea that one had to buy another car from the dealer when selling an old one to the dealer was probably stemmed from the same mindset that a Z71 optioned GM truck has to be a 4WD.