Ubiquiti Edge Router X SFP and Edgeswitch 24 lite

BIGGU

As the title states selling some network gear due to switching some stuff around.

Item number one, Edge Router X SFP edition. $50

https://www.ubnt.com/edgemax/edgerouter-x-sfp/

Works well, Just switching it up and going to the Unifi gateway. fully configurable, 5 ports can be switching or use for multiple different things.

Item 2, Ubiquiti Edge switch 24 port lite.

https://www.ubnt.com/edgemax/edgeswitch-lite/ $175

24 port managed switch that can operate layer 2 or 3, two 1g SFP ports if you need that sort of thing.

Seriously awesome switch it has a fan in it but it runs fanless and is silent has a built in powersupply and also has the ability to add a second power input through a 25W DC input.

How does the x compare to the ERL?

some minor differences but IIRC the main difference is the ERX-SFP has switching capability where the lite does not. The ERX also has 5 ports while the ERL has only 3.

For my use I am currently using eth0 for WAN, eth1 for DMZ switch, eth 2 and 3 for WAP and eth4 for the 24 port switch.

• 3 weeks later...
SO I am deciding to just keep this. I reconfigured the ERX-SFP to one port running my DMZ and the other 4 as a switch which runs the transient network that all my management gear lives on and where the AP lives. I also have the AP plugged directly into the ERX and pulling POE from there. Working like a dream!

SO I am deciding to just keep this. I reconfigured the ERX-SFP to one port running my DMZ and the other 4 as a switch which runs the transient network that all my management gear lives on and where the AP lives. I also have the AP plugged directly into the ERX and pulling POE from there. Working like a dream!

booo!

If you decide to sell LMK. I just got a fortigate license and playing with that for now.