Driveway Paving Recommendations?

Wease

Make sure you talk with the county first and have all the right paperwork. I had no idea you needed that before you built or modified a driveway and found out the hard way.

Wow, that's good to know. I live out in the country, but will definitely check first. Thanks... :nod:

Wow, that's good to know. I live out in the country, but will definitely check first. Thanks... :nod:

I live in the country too but got a visit from the Franklin County Engineer over a 5-foot driveway addition. Pretty sure some busy body decided to report it based on the way the conversation went, and the fact he showed up less than 24 hours after Sam did the excavation work.

The reason I say something is because the exact words he used were "anytime a driveway is added or modified you have to have a permit."

Take that as you will but I would double check before you do anything. Guy down the road from me put a driveway in the county didn't like and they put a guardrail up around the end of it so he couldn't access it or use it. Great use of taxpayer money right there :dumb:

It's your land. You're just not allowed to do what you want with it.

I bought land just west of grove city in the 90s, 6 acres , then found out I had to talk to franklin county about septic. There were several dozen houses in the same area. So I call fc to come out only to find out I can't put a toilet on my property. I called several people to try and get something done, but the county constantly killed the idea.

I ended up selling to a neighbor at a loss..WTF

I live in the country too but got a visit from the Franklin County Engineer over a 5-foot driveway addition. Pretty sure some busy body decided to report it based on the way the conversation went, and the fact he showed up less than 24 hours after Sam did the excavation work.

The reason I say something is because the exact words he used were "anytime a driveway is added or modified you have to have a permit."

Take that as you will but I would double check before you do anything. Guy down the road from me put a driveway in the county didn't like and they put a guardrail up around the end of it so he couldn't access it or use it. Great use of taxpayer money right there :dumb:

Yep, I had that issue too and still dealing with it in Franklin county.

Professional Pavement Services out of Waldo
They will probably not be the cheapest but they do good work. If you reach out to them feel free to tell Matt(the owner) that Matt from Contract Sweepers referred you.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk