AEP Energy Supply Shopping

Wease

I'm usually really good with watching what I spend and budgeting well, but the whole thing with AEP and being able to change my energy supplier confuses the hell out of me. Is there an easy way to know I'm picking the cheapest energy carrier? Anyone have any advice or experience with this? :confused:

I just switched over to JustEnergy; they were offering a $70 Sam's Club gift card just for signing on, and they have a rewards program, and competitive rates.

http://www.energychoice.ohio.gov/ApplesToApplesComparision.aspx?Category=Electric&TerritoryId=9&RateCode=1

So did you do this right through the AEP site? Choose a new provider?

Personally I wouldn't. I have in the past and I ended up paying more after looking at neighbor bills. Now the ones I did were fixed rate so if AEP went down I didn't see the savings, but if it went up then I saved. These might be the scams and I'm the idiot if so, but after awhile I cancelled the first the second got cancelled because I sold the house. Also, if you want out you have to pay a cancellation fee.