M3 subframe fix

Mace1647545504

I've been out of town for a while but am back and looking at vehicles.

I'm looking at an 04 m3 and the big thing seems to be the subframe cracks

I haven't purchased the car yet but am thinking hard about it

I spoke with Kevin and he doesn't do this fix, so I'm wondering who on the board does this repair.

Let me say, I drove the car and it isn't exhibiting this yet, but would like to have it done asap after purchasing.

AND the big thing a ball park figure of what a typical fix might cost.

Thanks

mace

I dont think the problem is a subframe, but the actual chassis at the mounts

Its like the porsche IMS bearing, very few cars affected but it scares the crap out of a lot of people.

The floor/chassis cracks where it meets the subframe. The weakness is in the floor. read this it covers all the cracking issues in detail: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=555302

If it hasn't cracked yet, I believe there is an epoxy in solution that prevents the cracking. Once it is cracked it needs to be welded, but before you might be able to DIY in your garage.

they will all do it eventually. earlier if you're actually having fun. earlier yet if you're having fun on any kind of summer- or god forbid, stickier tire.

you probably won't live long enough to have the problem if you drive like a granny on shit tires, but then why bother with an m3h?

prices on e46m have bottomed out for sure, have you compared them against e9xm yet?