Your 2020 Car Mods/Goals- lets hear it!

coltboostin

Get the 944 running and driving, make sure its gonna survive, and enjoy it until I probably need to sell it to help fund the mountain of dental work I need.

If there is time and money left after the 944, start my next project. Might finally build a straight line car.

MR2 - Drive it - Maybe reupholster a set of Recaro's I bought for it

Talon - Make it run on all the cylinders, run a brake line, start cleaning the interior up

RX7 - Watch for miscellaneous parts for LS swap - not in a hurry

911 - Figure out if the motor is hurt badly enough to warrant a engine pull to repair

Gemini Formula Ford - Oil change, alignment, tidy some wiring, carb tuning

Sell the Golf, replace the wifes daily with something newer

Yes, I have too much going on as usual

Talon - Make it run on all the cylinders, run a brake line, start cleaning the interior up

911 - Figure out if the motor is hurt badly enough to warrant a engine pull to repair

giphy.gif

Sell the Golf, replace the wifes daily with something newer

Yes, I have too much going on as usual

And no love for the Crossle this year? :no:

Finish the Argo assembly / set up to make the Open wheel test day at Nelson Ledges in June

Repair / build a V6 out of spares to put back in Fiero #1 and get it to an event

Get Fiero #2 (caged chassis) into the shop to begin assembly of the Ecotec powered race car.

Maybe get a shifter kart prepped for a few events?!?!?

• 3 weeks later...

The dash lights have been broken in my '86 for a while now, I'd love to tackle that, but I have very little experience in diagnosing wiring issues. :( There's always other little things on that car that could be fixed, such as the rear speakers, rear defrost, and the fog lights don't work anymore. The biggest "for sure" fix needs to be the gas tank. It's got a leak in it when you fill it past the 1/2 way mark. I've got the new tank, just have to put it in.

As for the Cobra, there is a bad ABS module and I've also got a new clutch cable, as the stock one is finally starting to rattle / break down.

So no performance mods, just upkeep shit... :lol:

The dash lights have been broken in my '86 for a while now, I'd love to tackle that, but I have very little experience in diagnosing wiring issues. :( There's always other little things on that car that could be fixed, such as the rear speakers, rear defrost, and the fog lights don't work anymore. The biggest "for sure" fix needs to be the gas tank. It's got a leak in it when you fill it past the 1/2 way mark. I've got the new tank, just have to put it in.

As for the Cobra, there is a bad ABS module and I've also got a new clutch cable, as the stock one is finally starting to rattle / break down.

So no performance mods, just upkeep shit... :lol:

Should've bought F-bodys.

• 2 weeks later...

Should try to drive the GT3 more this year. Last year I think I drove it 5 times total. 2 cars and coffee, one time to work, 2x track days. Would like to go to a larger front wheel and tire for the track, We will see.

Like to do the cat delete, MAP sensors and stage 3 tune on the Turbo. I've had the damn parts for 3 years now and never installed them. Still goes pretty ok on stage 2

Probably flash the M2 Comp. if they ever crack the unlock codes for the '20 ECU's

Kart racing bug got me though...raced 14 weekends last year, won a points championship and intend on going even bigger this year with the target of jumping in at least a few national / pro races to mix it up with the best of the best. Headed to Charlotte next month to kick off the season.

Karting again as the primary. Bought a small enclosed trailer to help haul stuff. My son moves to a new class and we are going to test with my daughter in the kid kart so may have 3 karts Racing in a given weekend! I’m going chasing on a Yamaha masters championship again so it’ll be another 14+ race weekend year.

The FD i’d like to drive it. Hoping to do at least one track day with it too. I have parts sitting on the shelf for an intercooler upgrade and better water tank for the water/meth injection. Also would like to relocate the battery and put on the upgraded fuel pump wiring I’ve got for it...but all of those take 2nd priority to karting.

Other big thing will be finding a replacement for my wife’s daily that we can both agree on....probably the biggest hurdle of anything I’m listing. Hahahaha

Going 20b. Bought the engine last year and took it apart. Been sitting waiting on my to get time to keep going.

DO EET. In nothing else, for the sound alone...

Goal 1: Not crash in to yard.

Goal 2: Bust JP's ass all over 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, etc. Basically every version of 270 there is.

1) LOL :lolguy:

2) But, I'll just got get the other car.... ;)