Corona Virus Investing

dover

Personally, I think airlines and cruise lines could be bankrupt by May and I wouldn't touch them, but I haven't heavily researched their financials and how each is restructuring to respond to this crisis, so there may be a diamond in the rough somewhere. I have been watching Disney though, since they're large enough to weather the storm and have revenue streams that aren't tied to tourism.

The auto companies and suppliers will take a major hit, so I'd stay away from them too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

tesla dropping hard today
All the auto companies are, but GM is right there with Tesla in % loss today.

I've been watching Disney and waiting for a good time to buy. It seemed they had support around 92, but busted way through that today.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

In at $23, hit $41 today on the one stock I bought. Wish I'd nabbed some Discover and VISA.

I watched RCL peak at $48/share in after hours tonight. I'm in at $23. I'm waiting for a second bottom to buy more. I am watching some commercial real estate trusts right now since they are in the absolute tube.

I wanted to buy 20 shares of Boeing when it was at $95. Was going to unload some Ford and Medical stocks to help, but needed some money from savings.

Wife freaked out that I wanted to pull the money, I said whatever not worth the fight.

Boeing was trading at $180 a day ago, and I still don't have my Ferrari. :mad:

Still seeing if BA dips below 100 again. Seems likely.

Lot of people thinking about NCLH too...I dont know if I could, but its sub-10

I'm already in on one cruise line, but if it sinks sub $8.75/share I will buy in

I wanted to buy 20 shares of Boeing when it was at $95. Was going to unload some Ford and Medical stocks to help, but needed some money from savings.

Wife freaked out that I wanted to pull the money, I said whatever not worth the fight.

Boeing was trading at $180 a day ago, and I still don't have my Ferrari. :mad:

I hope you showed that to your wife...

I've invested some with an eye towards letting it ride. It's been interesting watching it rise and fall. I was up 33% almost immediately, then watched it fall. Now I'm up only 3%. I've eyeballed some cruise lines, but I'm not convinced that the cruise industry will recover.

I've invested some with an eye towards letting it ride. It's been interesting watching it rise and fall. I was up 33% almost immediately, then watched it fall. Now I'm up only 3%. I've eyeballed some cruise lines, but I'm not convinced that the cruise industry will recover.

I think it will for sure , they already have all the people with canceling this season booked for next year mostly and everyone else will be probably looking to capitalize on cheap fairs

Just my thoughts could be completely wrong

This isn't really a short term problem. Wait until financial reports come out in 3-4th quarter and we will have a better idea of the impact of the shutdowns. We are going to see repercussions in all sectors for a year or two in the very best case and that's going to effect raises jobs etc.

Of course there will be high volatility in the very short-term and some well-timed or lucky trades will take some nice profit.

I put in everything I could without eating into my oh crap I lost my job money into companies I believe will make it through this and seeing where it moves in the next two to three years for now.

As this continues I'll start looking into where I might be able to churn some profits in the short term.

• 2 weeks later...

USO should be going down to zero, but its staying around 4 for some reason. Wonder if they will liquidate it.

I do have some of it and its not enough to hurt if it does tank....but if it goes back up long-term, yay.

May be a much safer bet to get in on Marathon or Exxon if you want oil.