Corona Virus Investing

dover

I regret buying some lol.

I know I will also regret the K1 come tax time (despite the split)

Im just going to hold it as I dont even have that much. Should have went all NRGU....

What I am learning is its best to bite the bullet and load up on blue chips if you can. I spent some on a few Microsoft and I think I will be pretty happy. Been watching CAT fall too. May be a nice pickup.

USO is doing a reverse split of shares. 1 for 8 is the split. Whats everyones opinions on this?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/down-33-this-week-biggest-oil-etf-uso-engineers-an-8-for-1-reverse-split-2020-04-22

The way those rolls weigh on NAV, they are literally trying to float the share price up to keep it listed to survive, because as it stands if they dont they know the pps will dip below 1 and thus render them in danger of delisting. People are also silly thinking buying USO as "cheap" oil is a good bet, they do not understand how that etf works...

They have 150k contracts or so to dump in june they paid 25 bucks for or so, and you can see the june rolls around 15 now or what ever, but it will dive again with storage at its limit, and those contracts will be worthless again. Big haircuts.

They are doing some serious shennigans to uncouple the fund from its NAV. The SEC blocked share creation as well I believe I read yesterday, which is interesting. The fund also is buying out into july and august now to help, vs its traditional short contract structure. It is very fishy.

There is a lot of pressure on that fund right now, I had some put options that did well, and a few more. Fair chance it goes to zero poof if those june prices flatten baring government intervention however, which at this time is likely. About 175k call options bought yesterday however, so some are bullish clearly, but in the short term I would not place money in this equity, if you do use options to limit your exposure.

I stayed out of oil except for an XOM buy which felt like a safe bet.

I've been in and out of Wayfair for a month and it's been doing well. I don't know how many more %10 + day gains it has left in it at this point.

Got in on DAL today. I haven't been holding anything for long, been playing it day by day.

I do wish I'd have hung on to the TSLA shares I bought in the high 3s. Kinda kicking myself for that one right now.

• 1 month later...