Cell phones

Radio Flyer1647545514

My phone is taking a dump on me slowly and it's time to upgrade. I'm currently using a pixel XL and I like it but after however many years of owning it I'm charging it two to three times a day and when taking videos they will lag. Google has also cut updates to this model.

I'm looking at the pixel 4xl since it's on sale and the one plus8 and one plus 8 pro.

I'd like an aux cord, which neither of the above offer but I think they're slowly fading this feature out. Main reason for this is for long drives so I can charge and listen to music simultaneously. I don't know how the wireless charging is set up so maybe that won't be an issue.

I'm reading the one plus has a curved screen. I've never messed with a phone like that, anyone have experience with that sort of thing? Is it an easy transition?

I kinda care about the camera but I feel everything out now a days is pretty good anymore I won't notice a difference from one to the next.

I also don't like how Google went away with ginger print ID to unlock the phone as I use that for some apps I like to access quickly.

Reviews or comments on the ones listed above? Other suggestions on larger screen phones?

I'll try to keep this phone for 4 to 5 years again like my current one, longer if it allows. Or if anyone is selling an in good shape pixel 3xl let me know.

My mom's Pixel XL just took a dump and I got her a 3A XL for Xmas as a replacement. She's been real happy with it. If you're not super picky on having the absolute flagship it would be an easy transition from your failing original XL. Take a look at the comparisons between the 3A XL vs 3XL, they're not all that drastic. The savings over a 4 XL is gigantic.

I have a Pixel 2, my wife has a Pixel 4. They've been great phones. Neither one has a traditional auxiliary port, but they both came with one of these adapters:

d25cf928-bccb-4cb9-89bf-89c2ea38b019_1.c9d00c15428047088ed6468cf8f50c51.jpeg?odnWidth=612&odnHeight=612&odnBg=ffffff

The Pixel 4a is about to be released in May, which should drop the price of the 3a and the 4. I believe the Pixel 5 is due out in the Fall, but I doubt you want to wait that long.