Colorado offroading

brent1976

Great pics. Sounds like an amazing trip. I follow an overlanding page and those guys really get into it. Some of it is way overkill, but they are set up to live well while they are out there. I'm a fan of the T100's and they are getting hard to find in good shape.

Great pics. Sounds like an amazing trip. I follow an overlanding page and those guys really get into it. Some of it is way overkill, but they are set up to live well while they are out there. I'm a fan of the T100's and they are getting hard to find in good shape.

We just have a tent and air mattress for the truck bed now and all the basic stuff for camping. We might get a small tear drop camper next year if we keep going and the wife still likes it by then. I like the ones that are just a bed and a couple cabinets inside with a kitchen on the back that flips open.

Most of those crazy overdone overlanders just camp right next to the roads. Usually in the next spot from a 30’ camper behind a dually. They spend more on their set ups than if they would have just bought a nice camper to begin with. Most are just keeping up appearances.

I was really happy with the ridetech kit for my truck. Their service was really good as well.

I had a lot of questions about what all else I should do with the suspension install (wheels and tires and minitub and spring weight) and he answered everything. I’ve heard good things from the couple guys that have this suspension. Most first gen Camaro guys just do multi leafs in the back and lowering springs in the front. Not a lot going this far. Glad to hear another good review from you.

I was looking for a 67-72 manual truck when I bought this car. It’s hard to find one that’s not either too nice to gut or has the wrong mods done already. I got lucky finding this car. Should be fun after a few things are done to it. Seeing your swap thread is what got me thinking about something older. I have similar plans to yours.

I had a lot of questions about what all else I should do with the suspension install (wheels and tires and minitub and spring weight) and he answered everything. I’ve heard good things from the couple guys that have this suspension. Most first gen Camaro guys just do multi leafs in the back and lowering springs in the front. Not a lot going this far. Glad to hear another good review from you.

I was looking for a 67-72 manual truck when I bought this car. It’s hard to find one that’s not either too nice to gut or has the wrong mods done already. I got lucky finding this car. Should be fun after a few things are done to it. Seeing your swap thread is what got me thinking about something older. I have similar plans to yours.

My dad has a 68 rs/ss thats been sitting for 35 years in storage. Id love to do a basic build on it but he's far to picky and weird about how it would be done. He wants a complete factory type restoration which the idea of bores me to death. At 60 he still thinks he's gonna restore it. Itll never happen.

How’s the bimmer going. We need to meet up some time. I picked up a project too. 67 Camaro RS. I’m waiting for all new coil over suspension front and back.

aoypqKJl.jpg

I'm moving this week so I've been making progress so it can leave my garage. I got the new KW suspension for the E30 M3 and waiting on a few parts to arrive so I can get it all installed. It should see the track late July/early August.

Camaro looks fun!

Are you staying in the same area of the city or somewhere else. I’d like to get out of the suburbs and get a place with a detached garage.

I got the front mostly on yesterday. I need to figure out the sway bar and a get you there alignment. I put multi leafs on the back so I can drive it until the parts come for the mini tub get here and I get time to do it all. Then I’ll start planning for the LS swap. Should be fun at 3100lbs and 400 whp. Then we’ll see if it needs a blower or turbo or not.

Are you staying in the same area of the city or somewhere else. I’d like to get out of the suburbs and get a place with a detached garage.

I got the front mostly on yesterday. I need to figure out the sway bar and a get you there alignment. I put multi leafs on the back so I can drive it until the parts come for the mini tub get here and I get time to do it all. Then I’ll start planning for the LS swap. Should be fun at 3100lbs and 400 whp. Then we’ll see if it needs a blower or turbo or not.

Not sure yet. Original plan was to move in 2-3 years to the foxfield area and a lot of those houses already have detached shops. This next house will probably just be a nicer house, but nothing crazy. 3 car garage and hopefully high enough ceilings for a lift and no HOA or one that allows trailers. Most likely Roxborough or Parker.

Not sure yet. Original plan was to move in 2-3 years to the foxfield area and a lot of those houses already have detached shops. This next house will probably just be a nicer house, but nothing crazy. 3 car garage and hopefully high enough ceilings for a lift and no HOA or one that allows trailers. Most likely Roxborough or Parker.

We’ve been thinking about outside of Parker or Sadalia but haven’t decided to make the move yet. I want a lift too.

The wife wanted to see lakes with waterfalls today so I got on trailsoffroad and found a couple around Idaho Springs. They were all by St. Mary’s glacier. We went to Chinns lakes and a couple others not far from there. There weren’t very many good rough places but we had fun seeing the lakes and hiking to the waterfalls.

http://i.imgur.com/p2wTFrcl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/r6MMzkml.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rag5qwvl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uBYBon6l.jpg

My wife and her vertical filming. I can’t get it to auto play like before.

http://i.imgur.com/Jc6ofeBl.mp4

Got a little close to the tree.

http://i.imgur.com/6m6omLtl.mp4

Edited by brent1976

Pikes peak is all construction on top right now. They’re making one big giant tourist stop on the top. It looks to me like they’re ruining it. If I’m driving to a 14er I’d pick Mount Evans.

Ridden my bike up and down Evans, its fun. Saw goats at the top. A little intimidating to descend if you peak over the edge.

Stayed in Frisco for the Leadville mountain bike race, riding a lot of those trails you are driving on is great fun. That thin air is also fun to master!

We did Georgia pass a couple weeks ago. It’s very rocky and rough and real steep for a couple miles. I passed probably 8 guys on mountain bikes. I don’t know how they ride up the mountains let alone with all the rocks.

My buddy is a trainer and rides about 250 miles a week and runs a lot too. He does Mt Evans about every other week. He’s a beast when we’re out in the mountains hiking. I have to yell at him to slow down.