Back to work then laid off again during pandemic....anyone?

1Quik7

Just curious if anyone was laid off when Covid hit, then went back to work only to be let go again. If so, has that affected your benefits from the government?

I was laid off in April and I recently got an offer for work but its only for 6-8 week project. I really want to go back to work but I don't want to endanger future assistance for such a short gig; 6 weeks of work versus a possible 5+ months without additional assistance is a tough choice.

Anyone have experience with this?

Steve I can relate to your situation, if you knew the people well you could work some kind agreement where you could prove yourself and they would want to give you a FT gig.

If you just told them straight I don't want to endanger my assistance for a short job but would happily do it if it were permanent,mabey they would appreciate the honesty?

Been ten years since I last had to deal with unemployment, but back then if you took a job, it would put the 26-week limit for benefits on pause while you were getting a check, then start back up again afterwards (though I forget whether or not you had to deal with the initial two-week wait again).

lol, WOW fucked everyone over and gave 2% raises citing covid as the reason back in the beginning of the year

then they went on to post the best 2nd quarter in 5 years.

this shit is nothing but an excuse for companies to fuck the workforce over. I am actively trying to get out.

TL/DR : the corporate fuckening is here welcome to the party

yea been through it myself. company gets corporate tax break, eliminates incentive/bonus for everyone nationwide, screws over tenure folks, and pays more to hire taters they will fire in under 3 months.... meaning the person that replaces them base pay wont increase the next year. rinse, wash, repeat. throw in an employee engagement meeting to put on someones year end. yolo

Just curious if anyone was laid off when Covid hit, then went back to work only to be let go again. If so, has that affected your benefits from the government?

I was laid off in April and I recently got an offer for work but its only for 6-8 week project. I really want to go back to work but I don't want to endanger future assistance for such a short gig; 6 weeks of work versus a possible 5+ months without additional assistance is a tough choice.

Anyone have experience with this?

I would call or got o a SSA office and speak to someone about unemployment. In this situation, I am not sure it would negatively effect you. But if it did, I would Indeed hold off for a better offer.

lol, WOW fucked everyone over and gave 2% raises citing covid as the reason back in the beginning of the year

then they went on to post the best 2nd quarter in 5 years.

this shit is nothing but an excuse for companies to fuck the workforce over. I am actively trying to get out.

TL/DR : the corporate fuckening is here welcome to the party

Companies are also digging in and getting ready to take the election hit. COVID problems are going to keep coming for a while and do damage, but the election blow is going to really make things bad.

Companies are also digging in and getting ready to take the election hit. COVID problems are going to keep coming for a while and do damage, but the election blow is going to really make things bad.

Do you mean some sort of market impact from the election if we keep our president or get a new one?

Do you mean some sort of market impact from the election if we keep our president or get a new one?

Yes, and they're preparing for the civil unrest that's going to happen. I talk with CEO of one of the biggest aftermarket companies in the world and he's planning for a double-digit hit worse case just to be safe.