22lr rifles

Radio Flyer1647545514

Looking for info on bolt action 22lr rifles. It will host a can all the time. General purpose will shooting paper targets and varmint.

I'm mainly looking at a cz 457 pro varmint with 16" barrel but curious about other variant is this model. I used to have a 455 and liked it a lot. I was shooting sub moa with it out of the box at 100 yds and could make good groups to 200 on still winded days.

Tikka t1x is something I've been looking at.

Bergara, at this price point I wouldn't need to upgrade anything in my opinion, just slap on an optic and rings and be set.

I might order a chassis down the road and upgrade the barrel but that's a down the road thing. Does anyone have any experience with anything listed above?

Not to throw another brand in the mix but I have a Savage bolt action. They have around 150 different versions. I love the Accutrigger, its the same trigger as my Savage 6.5 creedmoor. For the money they make very good accurate rifles out of the box and there is a bunch of aftermarket support for their line of rifles too.

I know a couple guys with the Ruger Precision Rimfire that love them. Joe will probably chime in here shortly. He has a suppressed RPR, but his is .17 instead of .22 I don't think these isn't much to not love about them.

I am partial though, I have a Ruger Precision in 6.5 Creedmoor.

I'm gonna throw another oddity into the mix, the PWS T3 Summit. 10/22 framework, toggle action, carbon wrapped barrel, perfect suppressor candidate. I built one but shelved the project (among many) for now. Still need to shim the barrel (time consuming) mount the scope, and throw on a suppressor.

Tikka and CZ are top on the "bolt action" list of affordable rifles. If tossing money is fun get a Volquartsen. Savage Mark II is a great bolt gun and shoots great. CZ455 is the best shooting 22 I've ever shot and love CZ. Ungodly good is Vudoo Gun works but they are the best look a likes possible for PRS guys to get time behind a specific setup (chassis, scope, stock, etc..)

Thanks for the replies.

Based on my last experience with my old 455 I'll probably get a 457 and put it in a krg chassis down the road if I'm unhappy with the fit.

I'm not going to be shooting any matches with this thing so I don't feel the need to spend a ton of money on it.

Man, lot of options there and most I've never even held. I was gonna talk about the obvious (Ruger) and my personal fav. When it comes to all things rifle I've never had a Savage disappoint. That's not saying they're the greatest but for the money I've loved every one in every variant I've own.

Now, keep in mind I sold all of mine years ago so this is old info talking. I don't own any firearms anymore but if I did I'd own a Savage or three.

I do love my RPR in .17HMR. It is by far the gun I have hands on the most for the last year.

I have several Bergara's and have enjoyed everything about them. I picked up a Bergara BXR in carbon fiber and run subsonics suppressed through it. With a Diamondback 4x16, it covers all I want in the daytime. A .22 in bolt action hasn't shown to have any more accuracy to me. If varmint are intended use, than a follow up secondary shot may be needed and semi auto wins out there for me.

Jelloman has seen me shot dandelion stems at 100 yards with a semi auto 10/22. What more do you want to do with a .22 that isn't covered by that?

I'm looking at a bolt mainly because the action noise on the semi autos seems to make more noise than the actual shot and I'm looking to stay as quiet as possible. I just haven't had the chance to hear a bolt next to a semi.

I've not ruled out a semi auto and the after market options for the ruger 10/22 is plentiful.

As long as the action is maintained, good lube, there should be no noise from it. The suppressed shot should cover the action sound with ease. With a bolt, chambering another round will be far more noise, unless done slowly. Over all, the fix to this is not needing to take a second shot. When I do night sits, I have had two occasions where I did not chamber another round on my bolt gun after the shot, and should have for a follow up shot that wasn't there because of my pause and then doing it. That's two out of dozens of night sits. Not enough for me to be mad about, but would not have happened with a semi auto.

Can't go wrong with Vortex for the low/mid-range level scopes & optics. Honestly for most purposes they stack up well to the high end products. They make really great stuff. I've had/have probably around 7 or so different models over the years and they where/are all great.

Literally had this in my cart.

I'm looking at ordering a kidd and putting it in a krg bravo chassis

The way I look at it, for that price point, it is hard to beat it for all it is. I have 4 of them on my field guns. Bergara Ridge .308 (Deer, bear, moose) Bergara BXR .22 (varmint yard gun and precision), Marlin 1895SBL 45-70 (brush gun for bear/moose), and a Ruger 10/22 in magpul stock (30 year old yard gun with more kills than Daniel Boone).

I also have a Razor HD Gen 1 on my 6.5CM, Bergara HMR Pro. I run a crossfire on a slug barrel that works for what it is. There are a few red dots around here too. Hard to beat Vortex. Their binos and monoculars are pretty good too.