Android auto side loading app?

BBQdDude

New to android auto. I want to be able to watch streaming video when waiting in the car.

Is there a side loading app or something that will then allow me to watch netflix/hulu/youtube/etc?

Preferably no root needed.

TIA

Is this something new? I watch videos on my Note 8 and my kids do on S9s all the time in the car. I watch many hours of video traveling to client sites every week.

Android Auto is the Android User Interface for cars that have built in android devices (tablets). I'm sure there are ways to do it, like someone else said, just watch some YT vids and they are normally really good about walking you through the process.

Really? I'll have to rewatch the videos. I thought it just required a third party app.

Guess I should have asked which vehicle.

No worries Shaun. I appreciated the input. I can't root the car as the tech can see the count increase for the head unit being rooted.

I came up empty besides root access you tube videos for that make and model car.