who would win??

Hoblick

so my buddy at work thinks his quad is really fast, and it is for a quad. 06 honda TRX450R, has the HRC cam kit, HRC head pipe, HRC harness kit, HMF exhuast, and jetted.

he thinks he could take my VFR in a 50 yard race.

so serious about it he is betting me money he could do it.

i take the offer. i know 50 yards is short, but i have an advantage of HP and TQ.

his bike makes maybe 46 rwhp, and weighs about 350 lbs

my bike makes (from graphs i have seen) 100 rwhp and weighs 480lbs

i have launched the bike a few times jsut for the hell of it a couple weeks back and had no problem with the front end lifting, or the tire spinning.

him, on the road on the other hand, he will spin and or lift, and will definately lift when he hits 2nd and 3rd.

im pretty sure i can take him, but just getting some E - opinions

50 yards depends on the launch. If you "launched" and didn't get the front wheel up a little, you've got to practice your launch.

not to say you'd lose, you just need practice.

that viffer should throw the front wheel in the air if you launch it too hard, and should barely come off if you launch it properly.

If you "launched" and didn't get the front wheel up a little, you've got to practice your launch.

:wtf: you should have drank more coffee this morning before posting.:coffee:

that viffer should throw the front wheel in the air if you launch it too hard, and should barely come off if you launch it properly.

Did you come up with that all on your own? You must be a genius or you've been drag racing for a really long time.

yea in that short distance i think the quad will win. He gets to be in the meat of his power instanly you have to wait on rpms. If you put a stunt sproket on ur bike you may have a chance if u can hold the front end down.

I've seen quads at Norwalk - they'll easily out accelerate most other "stock" things to the 300' mark.

After that, they've reached their max speed, and it's a long way down a 1/4 mile track at 70-75mph.

I'd think the quad will take you, especially since you'd have to slip the clutch almost perfect to even make it close.