It's Gotta Stop!

ProudPops

Virgil just called me, Craig Potter was killed in a motorcycle accident last night. This is really getting a little heavy. This year's DOA group has all been too close to home. No details, and they don't really matter right now. he's not coming back.

He was part of the HD crowd and family has asked of those who ride, ride to the funeral.

Check the paper for details,

Pops

Godspeed My Friend

Damn guys. This shit is getting scary. The other day my buddy Coops and I were riding down Hilliard-Rome Rd. We almost got hit by three different cars. Each of them just weren't paying attention. Rider awareness should be taught in driver's education.

God bless and my prayers go out to the family.

No! We are not laying off the bikes for a while. No! Driver education will never teach motorcycle awareness. We teach motorcycle awareness by being there. My Mother told me, one time, that she never looked out for motorcycles on the road as she had since I bought one. The more we're out there, the more they'll see us.

The Universe only recognizes whatever energy you feed into it, positive or negative. We will ride our motorcycles, it gives us joy. That's why we have them. We will ride our motocycles defensively, they do not see us! Have an out, meaning, if this whatever does whatever, where is my out? I used to have a girlfriend that rode with me everywhere and I would have her ask me during a ride, "Where's your out?" and I had to point or tell her. It's great practice, try it.

Every time we throw a leg over our bike we accept the inherent danger of riding. We can not depend on those around us for our safety. That's the fact we accept when the motor fires, and we pull out.

One last thing. I didn't break my leg in Costa Rica on that goat path because a goat pulled in front of me. I fucked up. Some of the obits you are reading were not the fault of a careless cage. We have got to accept responsibility for the way we choose to ride.

Pops

PS wish you guys would get spell check, I'm tired of dragging out that big ass dictionary.

Craig Alan Potter

POTTER Craig Alan Potter, age 35, died Wednesday, August 9, 2006 the result of an accident. An engineer for Metal Containers Corp. Veteran USMC from 1991 until 1994. A 1990 graduate of Gahanna Lincoln High School. He attended Columbus State Community College and graduated from Motorcycle Mechanics Inst. He was working towards a mechanical engineering degree from Miami of Ohio. Preceded in death by grandfathers Floyd Potter and Robert Lyons. He is survived by his daughter, Aspen; parents, Alan and Ione M. Potter; sister, Carey and her husband, Kevin Whiting and their children, Trace and Kenzie; loving companion and fiance, Cristi McMullen and her daughter, Jordan; grandmothers, Lillian Potter and Patricia Lyons; and many lifelong friends. The family will receive friends 5-8 p.m. Friday at the SCHOEDINGER NORTHEAST CHAPEL, 1051 East Johnstown Road, Gahanna, where the Funeral Service will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, August 12, 2006 with Bonderant Minister, officiating. Private family interment. Visit www.schoedinger.com to extend condolences.

Published in The Columbus Dispatch from 8/10/2006 - 8/11/2006.

[/quote:f96b0]

I'm going to go ahead and go to this. I have to show my respect for fallen riders. Pops, I assume you're going. Anybody else?

Thanks for going. Due to the Y-Town funeral I only made the wake at Craig's house. His yard, and the street in front were filled with bikes. Here's something that I heard at both funerals. "It's good to see you. Too bad it has to take something like this for us to get together."

Let those words forever be engraved in your mind. Hug your friends and tell them you love them. It beats wishing you had done so at their funeral.

Pops