315km/hr

Casper

haha, that is awesome.

That's an awefully clear photo of the bike, must be a fast shutter.

pic looks pretty believable to me. Rider is blurred some and honestly, it doesn't take that much shutter speed to stop a race car. 1/1000 would usually make it crisp. I'd guess this was s hot at 1/250 or 1/500. everything is crisp except the rider. Besides, if it was photo chopped I think the photo shopper would be tempted to exaggerate the blur a little more. that's just my 2 cents.

For instance. In this picture of Kimi that I shot at the 2007 F1 race at Indy I bet he was doing 100-120mph in this corner.

Picture-411.jpg

I realize that is not 200mph but I was able to stop the car with no issue and I think I was shooting around 1/1000. It stopped the car no problem, but it would take more shutter to stop the spinning wheels. Personally I like to keep the motion blur in the wheels but I'll usually shoot with some variety here. I guess it has a lot to do with other factors too though, like if the moving subject is going across the frame or away from you, the length of your lens and blah blah blah, point is a vehicle going 200mph is not that hard to stop with shutter speed especially compared to other notoriously fast moving things like the wings of a humming bird which might actually require 1/5000th of a second to stop or more.

Edited by vw151

I wasn't saying it was a photochop, but that it was a semi-professional camera (not like a camera-phone), and that it was probably planned (photographer knew the rider was plannning to do this).

as opposed to a "right place, right time" type thing...