STT tight lippped about Bluegrass trackday 30th May

Vera

I am hoping that Brian is able to get some information for us

I am trying since yesterday to get someone from STT to confirm if the trackday on the 30th is on or not.

How little notice do they want to give participants? Some of us need to make arrangements ahead of time that are going to cost money if we only find out a few days before that the track day is not on.

STT will not call or fax back.

The person who I spoke to today said as far as she knows, the track is ready and the trackday is on.

That does not go with what I heard last weekend from Luis, who was at the track to look at it. There is no frigging way the track is going to be safe to ride.

STT told me something along the lines: if I want to give my day away (for free) to another rider who wants to ride on a half finished (= unsafe) track, I can do that.

If this is how STT handles things, I doubt I am going to book a trackday again with them in future.

Edited by Vera

I am just trying to get someone to say for sure if it's on or not

you can't tell me that by today they won't know.

and if they don't, THEY need to call the track owners or get down there to check it out themselves.

Supposedly the only way to contact one of the STT owners, Bonnie, is via e-mail. I was being told she doesn't have a phone number. May be someone needs to tell her it's the 21st century.

errr...technically email is 21st century... phones were 20th century.

good luck though.

ok, then may be someone needs to tell them that it may be a good idea to get a phone when you are running a business.

I am pretty pissed only because they refuse to call me back.

If the track day is off because the track is not done, I understand.

But they do need to give the participants notice early enough and not wait until the day before.

And to suggest I give my track day away (or try to sell it) if I am not comfortable on a partially finished track, that was quite something.

I dunno, but I heard they cancelled the WERA nationals at BG in June.

The junkies have been going down to BG off and on for the past week working for them putting up tire barriers and miscellaneous jobs in exchange for tracktime so it can get finished sooner. Some of us have even rode and drove on the track. As far as the politics of an event goes I have no idea though

Ok, first of all, I spoke with Monte yesterday. As he sat there, he believes it is a go. Now, understand that he is not at BG, he is not the owner of BG and he relies on these guys to fulfill their commitments. Meaning, he has spoken with Brad and has stated that the end of May HAS TO HAPPEN.

STT is not holding your money. They have cancelled two events so far and have refunded EVERY SINGLE person their money. They took all of that with a 2% and more hit as the CC companies will charge him at minimum 2% for that money.

Also, he is to call and talk to Brad today and get a heads up. Have you checked out STT's site? There are plenty of threads where STT has reported what is going on and have cancelled with more than enough time ahead of time. Again, this is a BG issue more than anything and honestly, STT can only go by what BG tells them.

Who is Luis anyways? How does he know if it is safe enough? They are doing tire walls as we speak and the plan is to have the top layers on by the first event. Technically speaking, we can run on the base layer... Drains will be open and allow the sitting water to receded, etc.

If you go onto STT's site, you will see Monte's personal email. There is also a phone number and as of yet, not one person has had issue with getting info from someone at STT...

I will say it is tiring to hear all the jibber jabber on what is going on down there. So many rumors, so many ill educated people shimming in, etc. It's is getting to the point I wish they would close the gates and not open them until complete...

As of right now, it is still a go. That's over a week away. We will know tonight from what I know and i will report. But again, to sound as if STT is at fault is not fair. CALL or EMAIL Monte direct. Hell, I haven't even got a PM from anyone asking and that's an avenue as I am in contact with Monte almost daily.

There are plenty of ways to find out info. STT is a top notch organization and very few people ever complain. They have one of the highest return rates in the biz and the responses about customer service has always been good.

I will find out what I can...

ok, then may be someone needs to tell them that it may be a good idea to get a phone when you are running a business.

I am pretty pissed only because they refuse to call me back.

If the track day is off because the track is not done, I understand.

But they do need to give the participants notice early enough and not wait until the day before.

And to suggest I give my track day away (or try to sell it) if I am not comfortable on a partially finished track, that was quite something.

What phone number are you using? There are people on here that have even emailed Ron and got responses to things such as photos at an event. I cannot imagine that someone's refusing to call you back...

I dunno, but I heard they cancelled the WERA nationals at BG in June.

The junkies have been going down to BG off and on for the past week working for them putting up tire barriers and miscellaneous jobs in exchange for tracktime so it can get finished sooner. Some of us have even rode and drove on the track. As far as the politics of an event goes I have no idea though

whoa!!! how did i not find out about this. and do they still need help?

What phone number are you using? There are people on here that have even emailed Ron and got responses to things such as photos at an event. I cannot imagine that someone's refusing to call you back...
I wouldn't say it if it wouldn't be true.

but here is the latest:

After searching the internet, I did finally find a phone number for Bonnie. So she does have a phone. ;-)

If anyone else needs to speak to someone from STT instead of being put off by a staff member or having to deal with unanswered e-mails/faxes/voicemails, check out the contact info at www.femmoto.com

The phone number is right there.

Bonnie wanted to make me believe the track is ready. I asked her if she has actually seen the current state of the track. Her answer to that was STT is in daily contact with the track owners.

She told me they update the STT forum daily. I suppose she meant this one http://www.sttforum.com/sttforum/index.php

But I have no idea where I should look for the information.

I asked her WHEN they are going to determine if the track day is on or not, getting her to commit to a cut off date:

FRIDAY, 22nd MAY, 2009

Individual cancellation notifications will be sent out by e-mail (but who knows when they get around to it).

Ok, I just talked to Monte and Bonnie...

The timeline sounds something like this, Vera and please correct me if wrong.

Sounds like you called the phone number given that goes to STT's "call center" that is there to answer questions and update people that do not visit the website.

They told you that the event was still scheduled as planned. They also suggested to check out the website for detailed info as it is the place to get a LOT of questions answered about track days, STT, track events, etc...

From what I understand, you then persisted to get a personal number for Monte or Bonnie. Even though the call center employees are NOT supposed to give out personal info, they felt you were upset enough to supply you with Bonnie's phone number.

You then talked to Bonnie and at some point called the call center people "stupid".

Now, listen Vera... You and I have had some good conversations about stuff on LR and hate to go against you on this, but calling people stupid is not very classy and not a good idea. Especially to one of the owners...

I also understand you have a hotel that is an issue as you are traveling (along with hundreds of others) and wanted answers. You stated that you didn't want to go on to STT's site for info. Yet, you are here making some harsh statements. I understand your worry about the date and whether you are needing to travel so far for a track day.

This deal with BG is literally day to day. Monte will have an update shortly. He doesn't want to run the event if it isn't safe. He doesn't want to run the event if it isn't to a level expected by STT and doing track events. At this stage, one more day can make a big difference and he wants to make sure he gets detailed info before calling it quits.

WERA cancelled due to travel issues by the teams. It was a National event. Had it been a Regional, it would still be on the schedule most likely. They just wanted to give teams a 1 month heads up to change flights and get things sorted... It's typical for National events...

My suggestion is this. Email or call and ask for a refund. You can cancel a hotel within 6pm of arrival day. You can cancel that w/o any worry. I just feel that you are going to go in very negative and upset and the experience will not be a fair judgement of STT overall. Take the credit and ride later or ride with one of the many other orgs out there.

I like STT. I am not paid a dollar for anything I do for them. I could go to NESBA, Pro-Motion, etc. I chose STT because I like the way they do things. I think Monte is one of the best guys I have met in this industry and I consider him a friend after only two years of knowing him. He and Bonnie are some of the nicest people you will meet. However, they are some of the most savvy business people I have met and understand a lot more than they make out to. They are good peeps in my book and that list is very short...

They are good peeps in my book and that list is very short...

PLus ONE milllion!! They are great people. The first time I met Monte he treated me like he had already known me. Very, very GOOOD people. far from "stupid" thats fo damn sho!

Even though the call center employees are NOT supposed to give out personal info, they felt you were upset enough to supply you with Bonnie's phone number.

You then talked to Bonnie and at some point called the call center people "stupid".

Now, listen Vera... You and I have had some good conversations about stuff on LR and hate to go against you on this, but calling people stupid is not very classy and not a good idea. Especially to one of the owners...

Brian, I am not going to get into a online discussion with you on this.

But all I can tell you that the above statement is NOT TRUE. They are lying. And I am not going to back away from that statement.

I do admit that I used the word "stupid" - but it's presented out of the original context. I wasn't calling the call center people stupid. The call center person told me that the STT owners do not have phone. THAT'S what I called "is being stupid". Brian, why would *I* make such a stupid statement up?

And they did never answer my question at the time of sign up beginning of the year. They never got back to me. I got that information I needed a different way.

I also understand you have a hotel that is an issue as you are traveling (along with hundreds of others) and wanted answers. You stated that you didn't want to go on to STT's site for info. Yet, you are here making some harsh statements. I understand your worry about the date and whether you are needing to travel so far for a track day.

Brian, again, this is not true. I never mentioned the word "hotel".

I am 1 - 1 1/2 hour driving distance from the track. Why in the heck would I need a hotel? So I could have never said that because I do not have a hotel booking. They made this up when they talked to you.

I also didn't say I did not want to go to the STT site for info.

I said exactly this: "I am not ABLE TO get to the site". There was never anything mentioned about not wanting to.

Those are two very different things.

Anyway, I will PM my phone number. If you want to get the full story, call me on the weekend.

Vera-

I didn't make the stupid comment up. Why would Bonnie state that was what was said by you. She never stated you said it to the call center people or to her - she just knew you referred to the call center people as stupid. Now maybe she misunderstood what the call center people said you said... Know what I mean?

The hotel thing. Again, Monte referred to this. I didn't know this and Monte stated you mentioned something about a hotel reservation... Again, maybe he assumed as he wasn't upset in any way.

The deal on not able to get online or won't - why didn't you? How can you come here and on LR and make posts but cannot access the STT site?

Just askin'... PMs are cleared and I am not willing to do phone calls. I am pretty busy during the day and honestly, this is something you need to clear up with Monte and Bonnie - not me. I'm just a staff... The way you left them thinking is obviously negative and if I was you (suggestion here), I would call and apologize to them and also post an apology especially over at LR since a lot of those guys are negative towards STT anyways.

Brandon talks shit about STT, Ped does, Serpent Racer does, etc. All are tough guys over at that board since I am banned and are too pussy to come over here where they would have to prove their points verbally.

The whole deal that they do not get is that STT is the track day company. They aren't going to be at the track everyday. The guys working there? Great they are, but they aren't qualified to asses what condition the track is in. Brandon gives updates and Monte receives them and assesses where they need to be.

I know what is going to happen come the deadline and I think what everyone needs to understand is that STT is NOT, N O T going to allow riders on a track that is not safe and is not ready. If they were the money hungry company like the idiots Ped and Serpentracer feel they are, they would take the money and keep it or charge you the 2% they loose on the CC bill. They don't. In fact, there is some cool things going to happen and it will be for those that support STT and feel they are not taking advantage of riders. A few of these guys will not be invited to say the least...

Another thing to maybe tell the LR boys is that the track WANTS the track to be open when the date comes. They lose money, too... Everyday can bring a change. Weather can screw shit up. Red tape from the State can prolong stuff. The paddock change that was implemented was a change for the better, but prolonged the opening... All things that are needing to be done and when completed, will make it a great facility.

The guys that feel STT is taking advantage of people will be proven wrong. They don't ride our events but maybe once in their time. They don't even know what we do to make such comments. I don't believe for a minute you do either... So, again... My suggestion to you is to call Bonnie and apologize. Swallow your pride and forget what has been said right or wrong. All I know is they think it might be best to refund your money and let you ride another time or at another org's venue... I think you'd really enjoy STT and think if you call and apologize for any misconceptions, it would go a LONG way and get you back on the right list... Just my $.02...

My suggestion to you is to call Bonnie and apologize. Swallow your pride and forget what has been said right or wrong. All I know is they think it might be best to refund your money and let you ride another time or at another org's venue... I think you'd really enjoy STT and think if you call and apologize for any misconceptions, it would go a LONG way and get you back on the right list... Just my $.02...

then let them refund me the money, Brian. You can pass that on to them.

I do have pride, you know. I was being made look like a liar. I don't like that. I don't have anything I need to apologize for and there weren't any misconceptions.

No hard feelings on my side. Sometimes stuff happens. I know you think the world of STT and the reason I signed up is because you kept saying good things about it. And the trackdays are probably going to be awesome.

If they don't want to refund me the money, that's ok with me, too. I was (and still am) looking forward to it. But if they don't want me there, they can send me a check.

then let them refund me the money, Brian. You can pass that on to them.

I do have pride, you know. I was being made look like a liar. I don't like that. I don't have anything I need to apologize for and there weren't any misconceptions.

No hard feelings on my side. Sometimes stuff happens. I know you think the world of STT and the reason I signed up is because you kept saying good things about it. And the trackdays are probably going to be awesome.

If they don't want to refund me the money, that's ok with me, too. I was (and still am) looking forward to it. But if they don't want me there, they can send me a check.

I am not sure where the liar part was implied. You stated something to the effect of someone being stupid. Maybe you did say the way things were was stupid or whatever, but it is implied that someone is stupid and even you stated that you used that word. Misconception of how things are intended are always going to happen and that's the way things go. If they misunderstood you and what you were referring to as "stupid", you need to clear that up and let them know you had or have no intention to call the STT employees stupid. But, that's the way they took it. I'm trying to help you out here...

As for the hotel, I think Monte was assuming you were wanting a cut off date or info about cancelling due to a hotel accommodation or something. I think he felt that must be why you were so persistent on finding out a cut off date.

If you read the post from one of the Sports Car Club guys on LR, you will note that STT is at the mercy of the track. STT has to trust that when they ask BG if it is going to be ready and what steps are left that BG is being as up front as possible. If they feel it is going to happen, STT has to believe they know better than anyone. A week is the closest they will go to an event before calling it. A week is more than enough time and more than enough notice for a cancellation.

As for the check, if you paid with check, you will most likely get a check in refund or be allowed to use that as a credit. If you paid by CC, you will receive a refund on that card...