Surge Problem

Teej

I have an 2001 busa and I have a slight problem. When I try to cruise at any speed the bike just surges. Almost to the point where its lurching. Not exactly sure what it could be.

Can you be more descriptive. I was just talking to Gojira about the same problem with my busa ('03)

It seems to cough/stutter/surge at 4k RPM and below, especially in the lower gears, but once you wind it up and get into 4th-5th-6th gear, the problem goes away. My 'FI' light isn't on, so the computer isn't throwing any codes.

Maybe it's always done this and I just started to notice it because it's exceptionally pronounced now (I began to notice it running up to grab my timeslip on the return road after making some passes down the strip). I noticed it on my DTC ride too.

The best I came up with searching the 'net was this thread...

http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-problems/3031-coughing-jerking-low-rpm.html#post33885

maybe purchasing a TRE and Power Commander is in my future?

After more research, you may want to readjust/calibrate the TPS settings.

http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-problems/15697-busa-jerking-around-3-4000-rpm.html

As far as making a TRE, it's worth it to buy one to save me the time and hassle of finding all the plugs and whatnot to make it plug-and-play. I know it's the TRE is really just an expensive 15k resistor, but it's not worth the time and hassle for me to wrangle the parts / tools since I don't have that stuff on hand.

there was a very similar problem with the 06-07 gsxr 600 where on off throttle was very not smooth. TPS adjustment was the answer for alot of people. If the TPS is out of adjustment then the ECU is looking at a different part a fuel table.

After mapping my 04 gsxr the on/off throttle is very very smooth. So I think there are several different causes.

Edited by shittygsxr