HTC Touch Pro

V4junkie

Looks like it's broke. It's running really slow, keeps turning off it's cellular connection, and the slide out keyboard is completely non-responsive.

Nothing has happened to it. Possible virus?

Anyone know of a good windows mobile spyware/virus scanner?

I work for sprint in North olmsted and have the same phone back up your contacts via active sync and perfrom a hardreset before wasting your time at a store.

I'll try that just in case. I did find a thread on google that a lot of people are having this problem. Covered by HTC warranty. I'll take it to the Sprint store after work.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60777

Otherwise it's a good phone.

I had a Q before the HTC. I really wanted something more powerful. My Q happened to fall off a table with the charger in it, broke all the pins in there. I had the insurance, called it in and told them the Q is broke, I hate it and if they don't send me a different phone I'm leaving Sprint. The rep said "I can offer you an HTC Touch Pro." Uh, I'll take it! Free upgrade!

The problem is, now the insurance has changed. $100 deductible if they have to replace the hardware for loss or damage on your part! Sucks.

I just got my Q working this weekend..I did the master reset and upgraded the OS. I'm actually liking it more now than ever. The menus are faster, they added a few new home page layouts that are pretty slick, annnnnnddddd GPS navigation works now!!!! I wasn't expecting that one. So, even though I think I'd prefer the HTC, I'm happy for now. My Sprint contract is up sometime this week..maybe I'll get ahold of rententions and tell them I want an HTC or I'm leaving. I refuse to pay $300 for a phone.

Agreed, too much $$$

Well I got the new one yesterday. Slight hassle because they couldn't transfer my contacts. So I ran home, active sync had some issue with my Outlook profile so I re-installed active sync and it worked. All switched over, and this one isn't scratched kekekeke.

This update on the Q is Windows Mobile 6.1. I guess The Q's on Sprint are the first phones to get the update. I actually like what MS has done (shock!!). IE is different, I can finally cut and paste, the menus are faster, threaded SMS (not sure how much I like that yet), etc..etc. Pretty good update IMHO. I actually like my Q again.

Oh the threaded SMS is awesome! Probably one of my favorite features. I haven't used the IE, Opera is pretty amazing but I'm sure it's touchscreen only. Mobile 6.1 has to be pretty decent, I noticed even the new Palm is using it.