progressive throttle cam

VanDy

So i saw an add in sport rider, (or one of those mags) a couple months ago, about a throttle cam, sothat the first 1/4 twist gets changed to 1/2 twist and the last 1/2 happens quicker. Anyone know where i can get one of these? i googled it with no luck, think i might be using the wrong verbage, but my bike seems to be accelerating or slowing, with a VERY small window in between.. thanks :confused:

you really wont gain acceleration, it just takes less time and effort to twist the throttle to WOT, if thats what you want, you should be looking for a 1/5th 1/6th throttle tube. or you can do it for free by using zip ties on the throttle cable track on the throttle tube

you really wont gain acceleration, it just takes less time and effort to twist the throttle to WOT, if thats what you want, you should be looking for a 1/5th 1/6th throttle tube. or you can do it for free by using zip ties on the throttle cable track on the throttle tube

+1, a couple of fender washers could get you there, too...

I was considering the opposite on my bike, wanted to get better fine tuning of the throttle position.

I think you guys both misread... He wants to slow down

wrillo hit it! but just for the first1/2 or 1/4 throttle turn, so that i takes more input for less throttle movement, then the rest makes up for it.