park ave.. superbike weekend

ousley99

has anyone ever been to park ave in mansfield after the races on sat night of superbike weekend? last year there were over 5000 bikes and maybe 2500 sweet cars all lined up along the road. it is maybe 7 miles outside of lexington...they have stunt shows etc. not to mention every car that goes by will do a burnout! no really a semi w/o a trailer did one last year! its my fav event of the summer!

anyone wanting to go?

has anyone ever been to park ave in mansfield after the races on sat night of superbike weekend? last year there were over 5000 bikes and maybe 2500 sweet cars all lined up along the road. it is maybe 7 miles outside of lexington...they have stunt shows etc. not to mention every car that goes by will do a burnout! no really a semi w/o a trailer did one last year! its my fav event of the summer!

anyone wanting to go?

I grew up in Mansfield and know park ave and mansfield well.. I highly suggest not leaving your shit un-attended.. Some guy got his head smashed in with a brick last year just for getting in an argument. Its not the best part of town especially during certain events.

I wouldnt call it a bad area... it is just close to bad areas and events like this tend to bring them out of the wood-work.. there are almost always fights and drunk dumbasses anywhere you go, this is no different. This is why I carry a gun:badgerrock:

Either way, I will be there.

It really isnt that bad..you just a few jackasses like you would anywhere.. example.. took my girlfriend with me the last time and we were walking up and down the strip looking at bike and cars etc. end up walking past a group (4-5) of men and one of them grabbed my g/f's ass. what do you do? my g/f is calling them everything but there names but I was the one who about got jumped afterwards...moral of the story, if you go, go with a group of people. Otherwise you will have to deal with assholes. Or just mace the f*ckers.

It really isnt that bad..you just a few jackasses like you would anywhere.. example.. took my girlfriend with me the last time and we were walking up and down the strip looking at bike and cars etc. end up walking past a group (4-5) of men and one of them grabbed my g/f's ass. what do you do? my g/f is calling them everything but there names but I was the one who about got jumped afterwards...moral of the story, if you go, go with a group of people. Otherwise you will have to deal with assholes. Or just mace the f*ckers.

9mm in his dome is what you do......:D

^ how did you know? lol anyway, it isnt happening. Police are shutting it down and the local businesses are not suporting it like they have in the past. I am sure it will still go on but in moderation. The new spot is at Snow Trails Ski Resort down towards Bellville

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070724/NEWS01/707240306

they also said look here but I havent yet

www.experiencemotorsports.com

parents called me today and said mansfield news journal had an article about park ave and they will be shutting it down this year!!! now what the hell we gonna do?!

Sounds like this Snow Trails thing is gonna be big..

This is from the NJ article..."Morrison said Snow Trails will offer its first Bike Fest from 3 p.m. to 1 a.m. Aug. 3. The event will include extreme sports shows, live music, activities, and more, according to the facility's Web site. Admission is $5 for adults and $2 for kids under 12."

Sounds like this Snow Trails thing is gonna be big..

This is from the NJ article..."Morrison said Snow Trails will offer its first Bike Fest from 3 p.m. to 1 a.m. Aug. 3. The event will include extreme sports shows, live music, activities, and more, according to the facility's Web site. Admission is $5 for adults and $2 for kids under 12."

Damn we were looking forward to checking out Park Ave again. Oh well...snow trails it is. :guitar: