wanting to borrow - Chain breaker/ Rivet tool, 520 chains? - Cinci

Kahooli

I was wondering if anyone in the Cincinnati area has a chain tool I could borrow for a weekend. I need to put a new chain and sprockets on my ninja soon and don't want to use the clip type master links

I don't really want to purchase one myself (low on cash)

More than willing to leave something of greater value as collateral since I am not very active on this forum.

Or if you know any shops that rent out the tool for a reasonable price that works too!

Thanks!

Alex

If you are going to put a new chain on just cut the old one off with bolt cutters. When you get the new one put it on with the link in it and have a shop rivet it. They may charge you $10 to do it.

Not a possibility. Not in rideable condition and my cage is a volkswagen...

Clifton. I lent out the rivet tool and only have the press tool right now, but I may be able to knock it out with ya if we can meet with the bike at my buddies shop ??

If not you'll have to wait a week or 2.

I will be in cincy come tuesday. I have a chain rivet tool. PM me if you still need one, I will do it.

Im gonna miss you Nick. Youre a 1st class man-friend. :D

Thank you sir, however I think you are just upset because you will no longer be able to stalk me at the store ;) Good luck with the Z.

Thanks dude. Im sure ill see you around.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, after a few weeks of waiting for parts and going through some other issues with the bike I'm back to needing the press and rivet tools. Everything is ready to go I just need to connect the master link and I'm set!

Catman is trying to find one for me (his is lent out still).

If anyone else is in the Clifton area (or wouldn't mind coming) and doesn't mind stopping by for 5 mins to press and rivet the chain that would be awesome.

I could also drive to you, borrow the tool and leave something as collateral.

Otherwise I guess I'll just clip it and go to the dealer as others have said. :(

Hoping to avoid that if at all possible.