Rode 536 Yesterday!

ousley99

Ok so Jason and I decided to make the trip down to OH 536, "Ohio's tail of the Dragon"...

We started the ride in Hocking and rode 78 all the way down there, 3.5 hours. 78 was an awesome rode and I recomend that rode to anyone! All 3.5 hours of it was freaking awesome, with clean roads the entire way!

One we got to 536 we quickly figured out what we were in for! the very first turn 200 yards into it is a 90 degree uphill left!

536me.jpg536jason.jpg

This pic is the only 2 straights on the entire road!

536pic2.jpg

This is the average turn on this road. Gradually turns in then just around the apex turns in almost 90 degrees, off camber, and some turns have some sort of bump in the turn that throws your suspension off!

536pic1.jpg

I have 3 videos that turned out great, but it says theres still 2 hours left to upload them to utube, so it will be awhile before i can get them on on here...

All in all a great trip, besides Jason's little mishap with the bird and pavement, just WOULD NOT recomend this trip for anyone less than ADVANCED. The road has some corners with gravel, 1 corner with mud from a tractor, and 40% of the turns have some sort of bump that lifts your suspsnsion into the turn! I do however highly reccomend the trip there on 78! That road was completly clear with light traffic, zero cops, and beautiful views!

This video was the pre-ride to check out the road:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qKE3yn4sAg

Video 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogxEe1fDPnQ

Video 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utIrql3F44A

Edited by ousley99

i rode some fat chicks ass last nite

to bad you were not on w.6th street last night .... all kinds of ass hoping on the bikes. all shades ...sizes :) i pulled away on two , need to pick up another no fat bitches sticker.

yeah so the trip was amazing.. again 78 is great all the way out cept for the last 20 miles then its looooooooooooong sweeping 125mph plus turns... and aain i totally agree with Travis this is not a road for the faint of heart confidence or experience it is a very tricky road... to get onto the fun part.. i was going about 35 mph slowing down for a very slight left hander at the end of 536 when out of the right side i see a big black blurr then i saw stars.it ripped my right hand off the bar.. by the time my eyes refocusedi was 10 feet from the turn and sliding sideways started to lowside front end caught and it threw me 180 highside and we both landed in grass... couple bruises little scraps but gear prevails yet again and i'll ride soon as i can get all the parts i need.. speaking off can some one PM me Pauls number for some painting

Glad you got to experience some great roads in my neck of the woods. I grew up in Woodsfield, the last town you went through before you hit 536. The view at key dash point is pretty awesome too. I have told the guys on some of the other forums I am on that I can take them on roads comparable to the Dragon, but they wont come and ride. I live in Cambridge, theres good roads here too. If you head south on 800 out of Woodsfield, you can hit 26 to Marietta, one of Car and Drivers 10 best. If you pass that up, you can take 255 off of 800 down to rt 7, but I cant garuntee the condition of the road.

We have been riding 93 to 555 to 78 then by the time we get to 77 our arms are so tired we just run 77 back when your on 78 about 20 minutes west of 77 there is a little town called McConnelsville I highly recomend eating at a place called Wing Slingers right off 78. I love that little town and people there are so friendly. Then about 10 minutes out of McConnelsville towards 77 I recommend stopping and taking some pictures of the bucket off the Big Musky its freakin huge. Thats a good ride hope to hit 536 before next weeke this time.

nice! still doesnt compare to NKY!

actually I rode N KY w u guys and it was NOTHING compared to this road when ur talkn in terms of technicality and skill.. Dont get me wrong i loved the n ky ride, but this was hard, really hard.

555 was weak compared to this road.

536 is definitely a fun ride & one of the most technical roads in or near OH. There are a couple turns that have claimed more than a few bikes. I suggest taking it easy the first time you ride it...you'll see why.