who owns reptiles, arachnids or fish......

JohnnyR6

for all you herp owners, here's a bizarre escapee story. one of our corn snakes escaped about a month ago. all my snakes (with the exception of my son's ball python) are housed in the basement. anyway, i just about gave up looking for her when while sitting on the porch last night at about 2am,i heard a bird ,who has a nest in the birdhouse mounted to the side of our porch , start making an awful noise. i looked over to see my escapee corn in the birdhouse, constricting momma bird. i couldn't save the bird but retreived my snake.what are the chances!?:eek:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 150gal freshwater tank and I used to have a Florida King snake but I gave it to my nephews.

....tweet

what are you keeping in your 150? i've really almost got too much to list but if you're interested i'll try.

I went community. Tetras, rams, angels, loaches, danios. I've done freshwater stingrays but that only lasted a year and had some issues with leeched chemicals. I prefer the low maintenance.

i want a a saltwater tank but i hear its a real pain i nthe ass to keep clean

Besides, if you get exotic freshwater fish (and I don't mean the kind you get at a regular petstore) the entertainment factor is about the same. Some of my favorites:

Blue Ram:

DSCF1544.jpg

Marlieri

Picture004.jpg

clown.jpg

And my favorite (wish I would've kept him), Siamese Tigerfish

4bar2.jpg

ive got 20 plus tanks of fish, all fresh but 2, 5 leopard geckos, 2 veiled chameleons, 2 dwarf chameleons,2 corn snakes, 2 albino checkered garter snakes, 4 western hog nosed snakes, 4 turtles, and a bunch of tarantulas, mantids, and giant centipedes

ive got 20 plus tanks of fish, all fresh but 2, 5 leopard geckos, 2 veiled chameleons, 2 dwarf chameleons,2 corn snakes, 2 albino checkered garter snakes, 4 western hog nosed snakes, 4 turtles, and a bunch of tarantulas, mantids, and giant centipedes

sweet jesus....

Funny, you strike me as someone that would know about twitter . . .