My GSXR may be sick, diagnosis anyone?

PrincessPratt

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well last night I was out with a few friends and we were waiting in some traffic to get on the highway. In first gear my bike was sputtering a bit then all of a sudden it started stalling. It did it 3 times and I was able to get it restarted quickly but the 4th time it wouldn't restart and I was holding up traffic quite a bit. I thought it might have "overheated" seeing we were in traffic but I have been westbound on broad street several times stuck in MUCH worse traffic. Then as I was pulling into my subdivision last night she started sputtering again. I kept it reved up so she wouldn't stall and got her into the garage safely. Soooo after all that I'm sure I need to get it into the shop for some diagnostics??? Does anyone have any idea what may be the issue at hand from what I just wrote? I've never had any issues with my bike.

And if I do need to get her into the shop....who do you guys trust with your babies in the CBus area??? Meaning who will do good work and not keep my bike for weeks on end. ;)

call me i give you phone # for the guys who work on my ducs

Mid Ohio did good work on both my Busa's, they are a good shop.

Plug your battery tender in and if the light turns green within about 5 min it's not a battery problem, but I know that thing has died on you, sometimes they just don't come all the way back:) That would be a simple fix and you would see problems under 4k RPM with battery issues.

The FI light should not be coming on, you have stock exhaust and no PC on that thing, I am not saying ASK is full of it, but that is kind if strange to say something like that is just a bug.

It could be a bad plug or a fuel filter problem, but I would think you would see problems across the board and not just at low RPM's.

We tried to pull the codes manually by crossing the connections like a few of you have said, but we did not get any codes published. Basically it seemed to reset everything and the bike fired up and ran fine.

The bike didn't see cruising speeds though for a long period of time, but sounds like it will tomorrow.

I'm going with electrical as well, the bike, when reset fired up and ran perfect. No idle problems, no bogging, nothing, so I'm thinking connection somewhere, my old bike had that happen and it was just a bad connection at the battery...

Lets see how she runs tomorrow with the FI gone and everything running smooth tonight.

We tried to pull the codes manually by crossing the connections like a few of you have said, but we did not get any codes published. Basically it seemed to reset everything and the bike fired up and ran fine.

The bike didn't see cruising speeds though for a long period of time, but sounds like it will tomorrow.

I'm going with electrical as well, the bike, when reset fired up and ran perfect. No idle problems, no bogging, nothing, so I'm thinking connection somewhere, my old bike had that happen and it was just a bad connection at the battery...

Lets see how she runs tomorrow with the FI gone and everything running smooth tonight.

Thank you EVERYONE for posting your thoughts and opinions everyone. I'm in awe! ;) Sorry but after my last post I had to drive to Lima for a retirement party and didn't get back until late. Then I had John (madcat) and Justin come over to look at the bike. Like Madcat stated last night we couldn't find anything and when Justin was on the bike at low speeds we couldn't duplicate the issue. Today I took my bike out with Justin down 33 and then 188 to see if my FI like would come back on......and it did about an hour and a half into the ride. It's never taken this long to come on b/f. I didn't have any of the same stalling issue at low speeds either. When we got back to my house and tried to redo the codes again it once again showed C00. Grrrrr. Sooo after all this I guess I'm just gonna have to carry around an allen wrench and a wire to try to pull the code at random times when it comes on now that I know how to do it.

Thank you Justin and John for being so kind to me last night!!!! You guys rock!:dj:

Thank you EVERYONE for posting your thoughts and opinions everyone. I'm in awe! ;) Sorry but after my last post I had to drive to Lima for a retirement party and didn't get back until late. Then I had John (madcat) and Justin come over to look at the bike. Like Madcat stated last night we couldn't find anything and when Justin was on the bike at low speeds we couldn't duplicate the issue. Today I took my bike out with Justin down 33 and then 188 to see if my FI like would come back on......and it did about an hour and a half into the ride. It's never taken this long to come on b/f. I didn't have any of the same stalling issue at low speeds either. When we got back to my house and tried to redo the codes again it once again showed C00. Grrrrr. Sooo after all this I guess I'm just gonna have to carry around an allen wrench and a wire to try to pull the code at random times when it comes on now that I know how to do it.

Thank you Justin and John for being so kind to me last night!!!! You guys rock!:dj:

You can only pull the code when the fi is flashing. The next time it does it if u can hit the kill switch (do not turn the bike off) and read the code. Also, where was the little hash mark next to the C00?

If you crossed the right connections and there were no codes, it still should show the C00 code which is no codes found. Did you get that code?

In other words, you jump the connections to get the codes - it doesn't reset anything...

Also, where was the little hash mark next to the C00?

The hashes are right next to the C00. Here's the page out of the Hayabusa service manual. What pertains to you is at the bottom. Some of the codes might be the same for the GSXR600 too, but don't quote me on that.

1245626712.pngpicture.php?albumid=389&pictureid=4542

1245626712.png

Edited by JRMMiii

If you crossed the right connections and there were no codes, it still should show the C00 code which is no codes found. Did you get that code?

In other words, you jump the connections to get the codes - it doesn't reset anything...

Ya we got the COO code. I'm not sure where the "hash" was. I wasn't aware that mattered. Justin (justin0469).....do you remember???

Edited by PrincessPratt

Pretty sure it was in the middle position. The FI light is on sometimes when she's riding, then it goes away. She has a jumper with her now and I showed her how to do it so the next time she's out and it comes on, she doesn't have to hope it's still on by the time she gets home like we did today. But all day today it was fine and didn't have any performance issues.

The hashes are right next to the C00. Here's the page out of the Hayabusa service manual. What pertains to you is at the bottom. Some of the codes might be the same for the GSXR600 too, but don't quote me on that.

1245626712.pngpicture.php?albumid=389&pictureid=4542

1245626712.png

I appreciate the info but the question was directed to princess pertaining to the position of the hash mark when she pulled the C00. I know about the codes. The reason I asked about the hash mark is because it is indicative of the tps setting. It should be in the middle

Ah my bad, I guess I should have checked into that more. I was under the impression we were trying to pull the current code, then by pulling that it would reset and start keeping track of codes from there out again.

as far as im aware the ecu does not retain the codes. you have to pull the code when the fi is flashing, thats the only way to do it. thats why i said hit the kill switch but dont turn off the bike. should be able to get it that way

...i remember when my fuel puml was acting up. At first it wouls stall at low speeds, that disappread for a bit, then i couldnt get rpm's about 7000!!!! bike redlined at 12500.....i changed coils, computer...then FINALLY fuel pump, fuel pump solved it 100%

was not a pressure problem but A flow problem. Not saying this is the prob....just something that EVERYONE told me it wasnt the problem but guess what, it WAS!!! :)

ptoblem occured after it got heated up for a half hour or so then it started to act funny