6/24 to WV & SE OH

Tpoppa

I am planing on a LONG (500+ miles) ride on Wednesday. The weather is looking perfect. So far it's a solo ride, but if anyone wants to meet, I will be in Bolivar around 8:30 am. The route will be WV and SE OH.

The pace will be brisk, the stops will be short, & the roads will be twisty.

Too bad there were no brave souls to join this one. I logged 615 miles for the day & the weather was perfect.

The route was basically Cleveland>>Bolivar>> SE to Hundred, WV>>SW to Smithville WV>> back home via some of most twisty roads in OH and WV.

Time for a new tire.

I do between 600 & 700 mile days riding down in WV, I ride down Ohio 800 down to Fly then ride the Ferry across into WV. Then I go South to pick-up WV 16 and head South down to the New River Gorge area. I'd like to do a group ride down there but that mileage scares many folks away.

I realize not everyone is into that kind of mileage. You kinda have to work up to it. It's just about my favorite way to spend a day off. I've done 2,000 miles over 4 days a few times (mostly WV & VA), but with a new baby I won't be doing that this year. I find the twistiest roads possible, limit stops to every 120 miles or so, and avoid highway like the plague.

I'll prolly do this ride again or something very similiar in July. FOX let me know if you want to plan something.

I realize not everyone is into that kind of mileage. You kinda have to work up to it. It's just about my favorite way to spend a day off. I've done 2,000 miles over 4 days a few times (mostly WV & VA), but with a new baby I won't be doing that this year. I find the twistiest roads possible, limit stops to every 120 miles or so, and avoid highway like the plague.

I'll prolly do this ride again or something very similiar in July. FOX let me know if you want to plan something.

lololol

i just discovered you had a baby tpoppa

CONGRATS!!! That is so awesome

and despite the baby, you are still putting on the MILEAGE THAT I ENVY!!

cuz we had a baby too :) hopefully we'll be to do a few more of those days next year when the baby is older!

lololol

i just discovered you had a baby tpoppa

CONGRATS!!! That is so awesome

and despite the baby, you are still putting on the MILEAGE THAT I ENVY!!

cuz we had a baby too :) hopefully we'll be to do a few more of those days next year when the baby is older!

Thanks! The baby is doing great & he is keeping us busy. I am still squeezing in some rides, but there won't be any multi-day trips this year.