Relocation Help

ninjachk08

OK, you Columbus people. This is just a feeler. I want to get everyone's opinions. I want to see what parts of cbus are good to live in. Ben, i know you have north,south,east and west all categorized but i forget which one is the best.lol. Also, idk if anyone would know, where are good,clean nursing homes around. And also, hospitals. Thanks.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you gonna get a lot of different answers on this one due to preference, but i like the east side, far east near Reynoldsburg and Pickerington. South east as well Canal Winchester....do you have kids in school, because that might change some minds about area as well.

Good luck with the possible move.

Northwest is the best. :)

Seriously, there are neighborhoods around Sawmill(I live in one) that have Columbus taxes, Worthington or Dublin Schools, and get all the perks that Dublin and Worthington have(snow plowing, police, etc). These suburbs are very unlikely to let the area decay as well, and are pretty safe.

Pretty easy drive to downtown and tons of shopping nearby.

If you are looking to buy a house, there are a few for sale in my neighborhood for good prices., PM me if you want more info. My neighborhood is awesome, everyone is cool, we have block parties and stuff, and hang out all the time.

If you are renting, there are tons of nice apartments around Sawmill that are fairly inexpensive as well.

Also, quite a few very nice nursing homes within 10-15 minutes of Sawmill. Riverside Hospital and the new Dublin hospital(it's fancy) are 10-15 minute drives, as well as OSU Medical Center.

Edited by Artmageddon

you gonna get a lot of different answers on this one due to preference, but i like the east side, far east near Reynoldsburg and Pickerington. South east as well Canal Winchester....do you have kids in school, because that might change some minds about area as well.

NO kids! don't know alot about Reynoldsburg or Canal Winchester, but the few times i've been in Pickerington at Carie's, it seems like a nice city.

Come to the Short North! It's a party 24-7 over here!

like i know where that is.lol.. OSU campus??

What's the reason for moving from Dayton?

Idk, need a change. I like OR people.lol.

I told ya you can come live with me. Duh!

I haven't heard back from ya..DUH! lol

Seriously, there are neighborhoods around Sawmill(I live in one) that have Columbus taxes, Worthington or Dublin Schools, and get all the perks that Dublin and Worthington have(snow plowing, police, etc). These suburbs are very unlikely to let the area decay as well, and are pretty safe.

If you are looking to buy a house, there are a few for sale in my neighborhood for good prices., PM me if you want more info. My neighborhood is awesome, everyone is cool, we have block parties and stuff, and hang out all the time.

If you are renting, there are tons of nice apartments around Sawmill that are fairly inexpensive as well.

Also, quite a few very nice nursing homes within 10-15 minutes of Sawmill. Riverside Hospital and the new Dublin hospital(it's fancy) are 10-15 minute drives, as well as OSU Medical Center.

Thanks for the info! I'd be renting if anything.

OH, i forgot to add that.. CHEAP apartments. Idk what Columbus living is like..

:plus1: Couldn't agree more. But I'm bias since I work and live in this end of town :)

North end and both Northern corners of 270 are nice. Especially Dublin, Upper Arlington, Westerville and Worthington. South end is mostly hillbillies and white trash, with the ghetto sandwiched in between. This is a very broad and generalized assessment, mind you. Exceptions are to be expected and I could list several off the top of my head. (look up Clintonville, German Villiage or Bexley, all gems among the rough....)

I have lived in Northland, Dublin, Westerville and currently reside in Obetz. Nice and quiet here, almost like home. Lots of inbreeders and rednecks, but nothing I can't handle, and they are pretty tame "city" hillbillies, not like the really scary ones that fertilize the corn fields with outsiders...

Hospitals: Grant, Riverside, St Anns, everyone else. In that order. This is debatable also, but less so. I have experience here... Grant is where you go on LifeFlight, best trauma team for many, many miles. Riverside is a great hospital for heart/cancer (they have McConnell Heart Center now, thats what you get when you save the richest man in Columbus from heart disease...) St. Anns is close on the North end and not incompetant.

Nursing homes, I only know about Willowbrook facilities. They are tip top, but expensive and religious. Also, I know the administrator of their largest facility. (my Mother)

Thanks for the info! I'd be renting if anything.

OH, i forgot to add that.. CHEAP apartments. Idk what Columbus living is like..

I have lived in this area for about 10 years in a bunch of different apts. before I bought my house, or have had friends that have lived in others, so I know a lot of them. I would be happy to help you out if you decide to move and are looking in this area. There are a few 1 bedrooms that go for 400-500 a month, and are nice, and more importantly, safe.

i love the sawmill ua dublin area

I just moved from there, between Sawmill and Riverside... Fucking beautiful area, very nice place to live. Lots of trees, quiet, convenient shopping and freeway access.

Only reason I moved was because I went from an apartment to a house with 3 city lots, 2 car garage, outbuilding and full basement... I needed the space more than the cushy living. If you can afford to live in Dublin, and it is convenient to your work, I would definitely recommend it!

Staying North of I-70 is probably your best bet. I have lived in Worthington, Dublin, and now Grandview and all have been great places to live, quiet, lots of things to do around each of them. The Polaris/Powell area is good too, but lots of traffic.

I think you can find a nice place to rent, relatively cheap in any of those areas. The one thing you have to watch out for is commute time to work. If you have to hit any major highway interchange area(270-70, 315-270, 71-270) things can get really backed up during rush hour. I just recently moved from Dublin to Grandview because it was taking me 30mins to an hour just to get downtown for work. Now I am there in 5-10. If commute isnt an issue then disregard the paragraph.

As for hospitals, I have been to OSU and Riverside and have received great medical care. I have friends that work at Mt. Carmel and they seem to enjoy it.

Worthington, Polaris, Dublin --- but make sure you have some renter's insurance or alarm system

Marysville -- I have an alarm system (mostly due to 2 break-ins at my last apartment in the Polaris area) but know others around me who think I'm foolish because they've never had problems.

Danielle....take Kevin up on his offer if he's serious! Stay away from Reynoldsburg. I've lived in one of the subdivisions off taylor road for 9 years now. The police force SUCKS big time and well you don't need to worry about the schools but they are starting to dwindle as well.

Hospitals....depends on the patient population you want to serve. Grant hospital and Mt Carmel west are more "inner" city if you must so the pts can be challenging. I've literally worked in every single hospital in Cbus as an agency nurse b/f I became a nurse practitioner. I currently work at riverside. I LOVE this hospital. If you're wanting to work at the james I may have some connections to help or if you want to get into riverside. Let me know. Are you talking about PCA work???

And as far as extended care facilities are concerned....if you're interested in one let me know which one and I'll ask around about the work conditions. My collaborating doc is the medical director at quite a few.

Good luck on the relocation, wherever you decide to go Danielle!

I've worked for Mt Carmel and currently work for OSU. Mt Carmel was okay but the benefits were not that good. OSU has much better benefits with medical and free tuition but you do have to pay to park.

I'd have to agree with everyone else that the Sawmill Road area is a pretty good choice. Been in the area 10 years or so Dublin/Columbus/Worthington seems to be nice areas.

Cheap apartments, some with garages, Condos from $600 - $750,

Lots to do in the area, Shopping, Local bike nights, Bars, Clubs, Bands or if you prefer Libraries, Parks, OSU airport and even The Zoo.

Several retirement/assisted living homes in the area. Most have their own community centers.

Not to mention I can get to just about anywhere fast. 270, 315, 71 are all right there. 10 minutes north their are cows and farms, 10 minutes south city bustle. The only place you can't get to in a hurry is the Groveport area.

Northwest is the best.

I have lived in this area for about 10 years in a bunch of different apts. before I bought my house, or have had friends that have lived in others, so I know a lot of them. I would be happy to help you out if you decide to move and are looking in this area. There are a few 1 bedrooms that go for 400-500 a month, and are nice, and more importantly, safe.
Staying North of I-70 is probably your best bet. I have lived in Worthington, Dublin, and now Grandview and all have been great places to live, quiet, lots of things to do around each of them. The Polaris/Powell area is good too, but lots of traffic.

I think you can find a nice place to rent, relatively cheap in any of those areas. The one thing you have to watch out for is commute time to work. If you have to hit any major highway interchange area(270-70, 315-270, 71-270) things can get really backed up during rush hour. I just recently moved from Dublin to Grandview because it was taking me 30mins to an hour just to get downtown for work. Now I am there in 5-10. If commute isnt an issue then disregard the paragraph.

As for hospitals, I have been to OSU and Riverside and have received great medical care. I have friends that work at Mt. Carmel and they seem to enjoy it.

Edited by Strictly Street
whats a grages? Oh! garages

I'll admit the nicer parts of Reynoldsburg are getting overrun a little. I used to live in the townhouses behind Best Buy and Walmart off of 256 and they were really nice until towards the end when I was moving out to my house. There are still some nice places, but not many. The few nice ones left are towards Pickerington.

I'll admit the nicer parts of Reynoldsburg are getting overrun a little. I used to live in the townhouses behind Best Buy and Walmart off of 256 and they were really nice until towards the end when I was moving out to my house. There are still some nice places, but not many. The few nice ones left are towards Pickerington.

I would never live near a Wal-Mart. Those places only attract a certain breed.