04 cbr1000rr

justin0469

OK guys, this one ISN'T a scam!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320389761060

It ended but didn't sell. Since I was the next highest bidder, they sent me an official 2nd chance offer THROUGH eBay so it's legit and I'd pick it up in person and pay for it then if I take it.

Anyway, what do you think? I can get it for $4,950. Personally I wouldn't pay for bling rims but I don't really care either way. Seems like a decent deal, Two Bros exhaust, integrated tail, powdercoated rear sets and pass pegs, SS brake lines.

Kinda leaning towards no, but thought I would see what other ppl say. eBay gives 24 hours to make a decision.

Here is my 2nd opinion, go look at this thing and don't buy it with out a test ride, check the oil see if it looks clean. Listen to the engine and make sure it goest thru a heat cycle.

Sense it was a trade in at a car dealership it hasn't been looked over by any techs and they don't know any history on it at all. Its not like going to the original owner, drilling him with questions and using your judgement as to if he is lying. You could be buying anything. Sure looks good cosmetically, but who knows maybe the previous owner spent more time polishing his wheels than taking proper care of his bike.

I think you need to make up your fucking mind and stop starting all these theads of bikes for sale. The least you could do is post them all in one thread.

I was just posting the other ones for everyone that's lookin to check out, this one is for ME :D

QFT

He isn't so much a postwhore as a thread whore. :supergay:

that is true. minus the gay part!

:lol: :lol:

I like Justin but this is the truth!

it is :o but thanks :lol:

Here is my 2nd opinion, go look at this thing and don't buy it with out a test ride, check the oil see if it looks clean. Listen to the engine and make sure it goest thru a heat cycle.

Sense it was a trade in at a car dealership it hasn't been looked over by any techs and they don't know any history on it at all. Its not like going to the original owner, drilling him with questions and using your judgement as to if he is lying. You could be buying anything. Sure looks good cosmetically, but who knows maybe the previous owner spent more time polishing his wheels than taking proper care of his bike.

most dealerships dont let you test ride anymore.

All that being said, yeah I should have made the other ones all in one thread even though they are different!

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of buying a cheaper, older 1000rr and mod it as time and money permits or buy a newer modded one (with the same mods and brand names I trust) for more $.

Sense it was a trade in at a car dealership it hasn't been looked over by any techs and they don't know any history on it at all. Its not like going to the original owner, drilling him with questions and using your judgment as to if he is lying. You could be buying anything. Sure looks good cosmetically, but who knows maybe the previous owner spent more time polishing his wheels than taking proper care of his bike.

I completely agree. If you test ride it, and all seems well, I think $4,950 is a good price. Buying sight unseen is a bad idea, and I have experienced the aftermath of such. My old boss bought a YZF 600R off eGay and got completely burned on the deal. The bike was in such bad shape, he ended up selling it for a loss to just make the problem go away.

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of buying a cheaper, older 1000rr and mod it as time and money permits or buy a newer modded one (with the same mods and brand names I trust) for more $.

Wait WTF are you trying to do? Why not just buy a newer bike, makes no sense to buy a older bike just for the mods, if you can afford a late model bike.

If they don't let you ride it don't buy it, just show them that you have the cash in hand and you are endorsed with insurance. Besides its a car dealer not a bike shop, I'm sure they want to get rid of it.

Well some people are of the opinion that buying a modded vehicle can bring more headaches than it's worth. In most cases I agree, though it applies more to cars. In cars, if you buy it modded, you never know if they took shortcuts or they might not have used a brand you trust, etc. And depending on the car, if they modded it heavily, chances are they beat on it too. Same could apply to bikes, but its a little easier to see how they did everything.

sorry I don't wear panties or any other female undergraments. I just said fuck it cause I didn't care to reiterate what I was saying because you completely missed my point.

Who cares if its a 1000, its 5 years old, built in 03, and was on the drawing board prob, in 02. Why get something so dated, unless you're partial to that body style. You could go out and get a late model 600 and get better performance from it than a dated liter bike. Motorcycles improve every year, every generation.