Fail!

Strictly Street

honda_electric_assist_01.jpg

After cannibalizing his girlfriend’s bike for parts, filleting the frame with a Sawzall and installing electric motors and batteries, Santa Cruz handyman Geoff Bjorgan successfully converted a 1986 Honda motorcycle into an electric, pedal-assist bike.

A 120 lb. electric, pedal-assist bike. With a steampunk aesthetic. This bad boy is no Mission One, but it’s still cooler than Steve McQueen.

“I was more concerned with look than function,” Bjorgan told Autopia. “The bike is heavy, definitely a flatlander, but it cruises at 21 mph so I’m happy.”

More here: http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/06/help-me-honda/

You laugh now, but eventually the KZ will die and that will be you . . . it's newer :p

If he restored it I'd give him some credit.

For tracking down the parts if nothing else.

But he added Peddles!

Why not training wheels?

If he wanted a moped he should just go buy one!

Hopefully I'll have another bike long before the KZ dies.

It's still got quite a bit of life left in it.

Not really fast life, all of it under 95mph, but life none the less.

It will still be a go-to-work daily rider for years to come!

Somebody out there will find it an excellent first bike.

No, I wont put peddles on it even if your bike is faster! :)

radial-engine-motorcycle.jpg

I call bullshit and if its real no one could ride the shiny piece of shit. if you twisted the throttle you would fall over from the torque. there is a reason why every bike made in the last 20 years except by bmw has the engine mounted transverse rather than inline. think about how a camaro or a mustang torque when you rev the engine. you would have to have a counter shaft which is how i think bmw does it, Most dont do it cause its extra weight for no reason. please tell me if im wrong.... what am i saying of course you will. lol

I call bullshit and if its real no one could ride the shiny piece of shit. if you twisted the throttle you would fall over from the torque. there is a reason why every bike made in the last 20 years except by bmw has the engine mounted transverse rather than inline. think about how a camaro or a mustang torque when you rev the engine. you would have to have a counter shaft which is how i think bmw does it, Most dont do it cause its extra weight for no reason. please tell me if im wrong.... what am i saying of course you will. lol

you could ride it, it might feel weird if there was a lot of rotational mass, but it wouldn't make it impossible to ride.

mind you this isn't something you'd want to try canyon carving with, but you could get it down the freeway no problem...

the MTT for example...