starting to get the track itch..have two options...

Dubguy85

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sell the street bikes. Once you go to the track you will lose 50% or more of ur desire to ride the street. TRUST ME! Get a 600 or 750 and not a 1000. The older of a bike you but the cheaper parts will be. Use the $$$$ from the street bike sale to get a bike and a whole lot of spare parts and top of the line safety gear. Oh yea and dont put all this $$$$$ to waste by saving money on tires. Spend all the $$$$$ you can to get some good tires! If u want to get into this do it smart!

Btw mine is becoming a race bike as we speak! All of my stock shit is for sale on the board, and going on ebay this friday!

Ps...its a 2007 sv650 for 2500...hard to beat that..that's the only reason I was considering it

No it would be pretty easy to beat, like gixxie said, inline 4s will drop the 650. however if you get a 636, the other 600s will have a very hard time keeping up.

the SV1000 is a little faster,but they will still get killed on the straits or the drive out of the corners.

Ousley:HELL EFFIN YEA! WHEN YOU GOING?

Doing the july 25/26 stt day at putnam for sure. I'm hoping to have race plastics by then and tires..after that I need to get signed up in wera with my goal of one race before end of this season!

Thumbs down on a slow ass SV! Just track the rep and come out balls to the wall!

You, sir, are like a poet. You just can't say no to that :D

Taking bets on what he does...

My money is on him buying the SV bc we told him not to. He will enjoy it the first day. The second track day he will get pissed at the lack of power and sell it..then he'll buy a damn gsxr 600,750, or a 636 like we all told him to...

Any takers!?

Hopefully he proves me wrong and just spends 500 on some shark skins for that nasty honda! :)

Taking bets on what he does...

My money is on him buying the SV bc we told him not to. He will enjoy it the first day. The second track day he will get pissed at the lack of power and sell it..then he'll buy a damn gsxr 600,750, or a 636 like we all told him to...

Any takers!?

Hopefully he proves me wrong and just spends 500 on some shark skins for that nasty honda! :)

You couldnt be more correct!

He'll buy the 650 because she told him to, then he'll come to his senses after a few track days, like you said ousley, and he'll buy a 636 b/c that is the best option. If we all listened to the women in our life when it came to motorcycles, where would we be?...

He'll buy the 650 because she told him to, then he'll come to his senses after a few track days, like you said ousley, and he'll buy a 636 b/c that is the best option. If we all listened to the women in our life when it came to motorcycles, where would we be?...

he is a grown boy he wont do it because I told him too! I'm just going off what we talked about so the choice is up to him...I just know if something happens to the repsol he will be pissed! In my opinion which probably doesn't matter no one needs a liter bike for their FIRST track bike! That is all....:popcorn:

he is a grown boy he wont do it because I told him too! I'm just going off what we talked about so the choice is up to him...I just know if something happens to the repsol he will be pissed! In my opinion which probably doesn't matter no one needs a liter bike for their FIRST track bike! That is all....:popcorn:

Since my first track bike was a Litre. I will once again say"go big or go home"! Lol

I think we need another poll to help andy decide how to blow his money! Lmao

Just kiddn dude. Do what YOU want, not what everyone thinks you want.

id rock a sv650 fo sho! Just get a gsxr front end on it and a penske rear and call it a day

If you have to put that much money and work into an sv, why wouldn't you just buy the gsxr? I agree that would be a fun setup, but maybe I'm just too lazy to want to change that much stuff for little result compared to putting the same $ in the gsxr..

Just my 2 cents