Katana mods

thorne

2006 Katana 600

3-03008nos Thats the part number but that one is 650$. And I'm having trouble findiing it.

The only reason this has drawn a intrest on me is because I am more comfortable on my Katana then all the sport bikes I've sat on. I can tolerate them but not like my katana.

The other option but this one is WAY far fetched would be to this fall turbo it. But Since I can't weld myself or fab some of the parts I don't forsee that one happening. (I have the turbo already its on the wrx).

I am well aware I can buy another bike. I'm well aware its not a busa nor will it ver be. I just would like a little more unf up top.

Who knows If I can get my hands on a set of GSX750f or GSX600f headers (Stock) I might start attempting a mockup of the plumbing. Guys have done it but man it looks complex.

I think spray + other basic mods should make me right about where I want to be power wise.

its nto even close to a detuned gsxr its air cooled for god sake people

thone ive spray almost every kind of bike out there even a harley i cant tune them as well as turner but i know what not to do and what to do for what your looking for i have just the thing

thone ive spray almost every kind of bike out there even a harley i cant tune them as well as turner but i know what not to do and what to do for what your looking for i have just the thing

Actually, you're wrong...

The GSXF (Katana) uses the old GSXR engines that have been detuned... EXACTLY as I described. Yes, these are air/oil cooled engines... As were ALL GSXR's pre-1992.

:flingpoo:

What's your idea I'm open to just about anything within reason. I just wish I could endure the ride of a GSXR. I can't do 2up with my wife on it and with my back issue its just not a option :(.

I'd start with full exhaust/jetting, then consider cams, heads, possibly bore/stroke... Not for sure, but you may even be able to stuff a larger engine in that thing...

One thing that you can do that is cheap and will offer noticeable performance gains is to swap gears... Changing the gear ratio is a quick, cheap, and very easy way to improve real-world performance. I mean, who needs to go 110mph+ on the street anyway? While you're at it, go from the 530 to 520 chain to free up some ponies as well... err... redirect them from the drivetrain, into the back tire.

IMHO N20 is only good for drag racing... if you want consistent street performance, work that engine!

And my disclaimer... $0.02...

Kats are great bikes and get a bad rap from hardcore 1-upper tech guys... I have seen guys on Kats SMOKE dudes on the newest, fastest, bestest (yeah, I know) sportbikes... A good buddy of mine had one and we both rode the yarbles off it... Can't break the fuckers either...

I do want some top end. I'm try to collect parts for this fall atm. The slip on sounds nice but I noticed no differance as I expected.

Ivans Jet Kit + porting the stock headers + KN filter is upported to be a descent pickup.

I was trying to learn about this and reading seems to send me in circles. My wrx its easy to find a build up guide. I go on the Katan forum and i just here poeple bitch about its not a fast bike blah blah buy a diffrent bike.

Yes I can stuff a diffrent motor in it. The B12 motor and a few others fit. But I think for my goals I can make it happen on this motor. I would like to see 100hp @ the wheel. stock is supposed to be 80 but I've not dynoed it yet.

I do want some top end. I'm try to collect parts for this fall atm. The slip on sounds nice but I noticed no differance as I expected.

Ivans Jet Kit + porting the stock headers + KN filter is upported to be a descent pickup.

I was trying to learn about this and reading seems to send me in circles. My wrx its easy to find a build up guide. I go on the Katan forum and i just here poeple bitch about its not a fast bike blah blah buy a diffrent bike.

Yes I can stuff a diffrent motor in it. The B12 motor and a few others fit. But I think for my goals I can make it happen on this motor. I would like to see 100hp @ the wheel. stock is supposed to be 80 but I've not dynoed it yet.

I'd put a full exhaust on there before I went too far... Slip-ons are for sound and provide small performance gains... Full exhaust, proper jetting, and airbox stuff will get you something noticeable fairly cheap... Airbox's are notoriously restrictive... Hackin' a hole in it will improve airflow, but I've seen various accounts of lackluster gains due to over/under-hacking... Probably making the mix too lean... I dunno though... I am no engine expert. Be patient... I PM'ed a guy on another forum who will probably be able to shed a lot of light on this... I'll let you know as soon as he responds.

Where can i order the sprockets and shit from.

Hundreds of places... Iron Pony for one... www.kneedraggers.com and www.ronayers.com I'd assume... From what I have read, Renthal sprockets are real nice and Vortex sprockets are the anti-Christ... Check this out regarding Vortex sprockets.

Down 1 tooth in the front and up 2 teeth in the rear is a pretty standard change for sprockets... I'd ask around for Kats though because I am not sure what the current gearing is... Either way it will significantly cut down on your top speed, but be a big kick in the pants getting there...

haha, lmk when you're gonna dyno the bike, i'll do mine, im interested in what it puts down, and we need to run, lol.

and ilike how you were giving me shit on cr about the stang, gimme a few weeks or a month and i'll wipe my ass with your 13 second car, haha