Cinci Zoo

fusion

While my brother and his fam were in town we took them down to the Cinci Zoo. It's been years since I've been down there, I love that place. We didn't make it through even half the park, but here's a few random pics I took and the rest can be found here: Zoo Pics

Got to have a pic of the eagle. They were hiding back in the trees and I don't blame them, the zoo was absolutely packed.

585147913_Zs2uY-L.jpg

The tigers as usual weren't doing much. This one just recently had cubs.

585156268_mXgSb-L.jpg

This guy was making all sorts of racket.

585161043_5AP2B-L.jpg

A kestrel, these little guys kick ass.

585147504_gisAP-L.jpg

One of the rhinos wandering around.

585168122_9GhST-L.jpg

great pics

Thanks!

that 100-400 treating you well i see :D

great pics as always!!!

i may have to take a trip down there when i rent the 70-200

I love the lens, but it was mostly over cast and that combined with a good deal of shade had me shooting at ISO1600 and some rather slow speeds at times. Let me know when you go down and I'll see if I can get away to go down and shoot with you.

I'll have to post a review of the lens in the Photography group when I get a chance.

I guess that was you I thought I saw there. Just off the escalator on the bridge. Figured it was but I'm not the go up to random people I met twice kinda person. Nice pics what camera you using?

You should have come up and said hi. My memory sucks but I'm sure it would have sunk in eventually. :D

I shot with a Canon 40D with a 100-400L all day. I like it, but hopefully it will be moving to backup status soon if I can stop spending money on other crap.

I think you mean the 55-250IS if you're talking about the Canon. It's a good consumer level telephoto zoom. I've seen some rather amazing shots with that lens. Also, someone on the board has one if I remember right.

Thanks!

I love the lens, but it was mostly over cast and that combined with a good deal of shade had me shooting at ISO1600 and some rather slow speeds at times. Let me know when you go down and I'll see if I can get away to go down and shoot with you.

I'll have to post a review of the lens in the Photography group when I get a chance.

sounds good man, i will probably have the lense the last week in august for the gp races :D

Ya that sounds right. I'm learning still. Love the camera though and it's got HD video which is nice.

It's definitely a great camera. That's what one of my friends shoots with. The HD vid capability is fantastic on it.

I love the cincy zoo!! It blows columbus outta the water! Great pics man!

Thanks man! I think the Cinci zoo is better than Columbus too. I'm amazed the Cinci one doesn't get more attention.

sounds good man, i will probably have the lense the last week in august for the gp races :D

Ugh dont remind me. I can't believe I'm going to miss the races again this year.