Boredom and rattlecans.

2wheels>4

Yeah, so I have been painting the frame, swing arm, etc for the Suzuki rebuild and I must have inhaled enough fumes to kill a horse when I decided to start painting parts on the Yamaha.....

The side covers were bothering me, mostly because one had some wierdness going on with blue paint spatter. Not sure how or why this came to be, but I wanted it gone along with the stupid badging. Long story short I pealed off the "Virago" badge and painted the side covers with truck bed coating and unscrewed the "Yamaha" badges on the tank for the same treatment. Eventually I will repaint the tank, and when that happens I will just putty over the mounts and leave no badges at all.

Before and after pics:

Before, notice the bluish nonsense on the side cover and the lame badges.

viragobefore.jpg

After, notice the lack of all the above... hehehe. I will let my GF at it some other time, but this was a quick fix that I couldn't screw up too bad on my own.

viragoafter.jpg

And since I am on the subject of rattlecans and paint fume buzzes... Here is the Zuki frame. (Cafe project)

Torn down to frame in my driveway....

torndown.jpg

Primed.

primed.jpg

Looks good. Watch out for those fumes man, people that paint a lot without masks don't tend to get real old :(

Yeah, the small stuff I depend on good ventilation or just painting in the open air. When I work on something like the frame where I am indoors and exposing myself for an extended period of time I use a respirator. Makes a big difference, you don't notice how much the thing helps until you take it off and get a whiff of the unfiltered goodness in the air....